Request Character skins: Blue & Yellow Toad

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Here's another attempt to somehow get the Ice Flower represented in the game. Palette swaps are looked down upon unless a very good reason can be made to add them. Since the Ice Flower as it is in the NEW series debuted in New Super Mario Bros Wii, along with Blue and Yellow Toad, it would be interesting if they received the Ice Flower as their powerup instead of the Fire Flower. To differentiate 8-bit Blue Toad from regular 8-bit Toad, one could reverse the colors on Blue Toad's head so he would have white spots. Either way, I'd like to see these two character skins added one way or another.

2. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Hmm... sounds familiar...
    I guess a change should be made for the current Toad skins, to give him Fire Yellow Toad's color for his fire form. Are you reading this sbq92? I hope you are.

luigiman64 and Mitewing like this.
  3. Mitewing

The problem lies where regular 8bit Toad is blue ab 16bit is red. I'm not sure how to solve all the color issues, especially if my idea for Blue and Yellow Toad is even considered.

4. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Well, 8-bit Fire Toad should be colored like the official version *cough*SM3DW*cough* IMO, and 16-bit Fire Toad should be colored like Fire Blue Toad *cough*NSMB*cough*. It would make it official like it's supposed to be, and will work out great. In my opinion, of course.

luigiman64 likes this.
  5. Mitewing

Makes sense to me since Blue and Yellow Toad would be using their Ice Flower colors instead.