Cheat Suggestions & Discussion

Discussion in 'Features' started by JoMamma, Jul 21, 2011.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Maybe it should only apply to projectile attacks.

2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I don't know, a teleport cheat sounds cool, but the implementation being proposed just seems too impractical. Maybe if contact with an enemy teleports you to that enemy's spawning point? Still kind of useless when moving quickly through the levels, though, since you'll be bypassing all the spawning points pretty quickly.

Maybe if there were a Portal cheat? :p As awesome as that would be, Jay would receive some serious hate from the Mari0 team, not to mention a lot of people simply seeing that cheat as a ripoff of that same team's idea. Then again, perhaps Jay could negotiate with that team? It seems like two groups making specialized fan-games of SMB could come up with some sort of agreement.

But anyway, a teleporting cheat...perhaps incorporate the mouse, and you can click somewhere and the character teleports there? Sounds neat but it's still kinda lame... I'm not sure if a teleport cheat is actually feasible...

ThomasMink likes this.
  3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Well, the teleport cheat is actually useful if you're Mega MAn vs Bowser, and teleportating by stomping a goomba is pretty much suicide/stupid, but it's a funny thing you must remember if you don't wanna get killed stupidly. It's like when you activate Bouncy pits: mostly useful, but remember ennemies can bounce too.

4. whynot

whynot Level 0: Newbie

5. that wouldn't really be what I call a cheat, but it would be a nice idea.

after I got over the fact that it doesn't really count as a cheat, I was thinking to myself

roman6a and Rey D like this.
  6. ShadowFox98

ShadowFox98 Level 1: Goomba

That sounds good. But teleporting is a complex concept to grasp...

7. Self-Destructing Donkey

Self-Destructing Donkey Level 0: Newbie

I think a cheat that made all power ups invincibility stars. that would be cool. It could be called "All-Star Mode"

FCx and Mitewing like this.
  8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Hmm . . . lots of Stars, but no other power-ups? That could be interesting, actually . . .

9. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

I liked the idea.

10. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

The stars could replace the 1ups as well.

11. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Always same level type cheat based on game genie level select codes 0-1,9-1 and beyond
    It would only work with the basic SMB skin but would work as follows...

Off= game works normally
    Ground day= Every level would look like above ground areas with blue sky
    Ground night= Every level would look like above ground areas with black sky
    Ground snow= Every level would look like world 6-3
    Underground= Every level would look like underground areas
    Water= Every level looks like water areas would be awesome if mixed with Mario swimming cheat
    Cloud/Bonus= Every level looks like coin heaven
    Castle= Every level looks like castle areas

The music and levels would work like the area chosen also.

12. extremenewsupermario

extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

A good idea is for a cheat is a bullet bill disable. :bbr:

13. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Or enemies disable, so the n00bs can speed run.

14. extremenewsupermario

extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

good idea but we should also have a cheat where the level skins could look like they would in the other characters original games.

15. Paul Vincent Larcena

Paul Vincent Larcena Level 1: Goomba

The first I suggest the cheat the Auto charge for megaman. To unlock it, finish the stage with megaman with his charging over 150 seconds. The second is Rapid fire for megaman, bill rizer, samus, or other long range attack. to unlock this, get the shots over 1000 shots.

16. GamingsCupofJoe

GamingsCupofJoe Level 2: Koopa

A cool cheat I have is also Jump slide which makes Megaman slide in mid-air

17. mitsymckenzie777

Hmm I second on this. It would be cool because Proto Man in Mega Man Powered Up shot automatic charge shots kind of as his only attack.

18. Superjustinbros

Superjustinbros Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I was thinking of a cheat called "Take Down" which allows you to stomp enemies as long as you are moving downwards, not just landing ontop of the enemy. Of course in the community it's called a "Hat Stomp", but I like "Take Down" because it sounds cooler. :)

19. FCx

FCx Level 2: Koopa

My idea is the "Mini Fire Mario" glitch as a Mario cheat.

20. mitsymckenzie777

I use to love doing that. I also remember doing it while small caused a death sequence but went on to the next level. Great cheat idea!!!