Cheat Suggestions & Discussion

Discussion in 'Features' started by JoMamma, Jul 21, 2011.

1. s4ad0w

s4ad0w Level 0: Newbie

What about a Smash Bros. mode? Rather than their current move sets, you could play them as though you were playing Super Smash Bros. (With X=A and C=B by default)

2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

These have already come up in another thread, but this is the Cheat thread so I'm adding them here:
    All Characters Stomp: Everyone can stomp enemies, like they could in versions prior to 2.0.
    Shell Carrying: Mario & Luigi can pick up and carry shells like they can in SMB3 (would require them to have extra sprites).
    EDIT: On Eric Thorstad's suggestion, "Shell Carrying" should be replaced with "SMB3 Mode", which enables both shell holding and the "Goomba Springboard" ability from that game (hold Jump as you stomp an enemy to bounce high into the air).

3. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Level 5: Spiny

I think an "All Bricks are Unbreakable" cheat would add some flavor to the levels. There would have to be some exceptions to prevent certain characters from getting stuck, but overall it could be cool. There's also the idea of a "No Powerups" option, which could remove all the question blocks from the game.

4. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

A few cheat ideas I have:
    1. Unlimited jumping (can jump continuously at anytime in the air)
    2. Low gravity (higher jumps, slower descent)
    3. Smart slow motion (similar to Perfect Dark, everything including game timer slows down when an enemy or enemy projectile is in close proximity to your character)
    4. Rancor pit mode (whenever your character falls down a pit, instead of dying he/she ends up in a secret area filled with enemies and must defeat them all in order to escape.)
    5. Wild Lakitu (Lakitu throws down random enemies)

uglyrodent and jmicdizz like this.
  5. TheomanZero

Possible unlock condition for "All Characters Stomp"
    Kill X enemies (total) with the following attacks:
    Down Thrust
    Screw Attack
    Spin Slash
    Charge Kick (maybe)
    Water Shield (maybe)
    Morph Ball Bombs (maybe)
    Alternatively: Kill X enemies from above. (But that might be harder to program.)

StepS likes this.
  6. StepS

StepS Level 3: Paratroopa

Yeah, I was just going to make a request for All Characters Stomp.
    I think the downward thrust is the best condition, but how many enemies would be the best? 300 or 500? Maybe 400?

7. Frozsoul

Having to downward thrust seems a bit unfair as it is something only Link can achieve (though given the DTMF meme at SMBC, a special cheat should be unlocked using downward thrusting)

What about killing x number of enemies from a kicked shell?

8. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

How bout debug mode?
    To unlock it, beat the game in 7 mins (as the cheat is from sonic, doing a speedrun to unlock it seems to make sense) or (if sonic gets in smbc) beat the game as sonic. You could place any tiles or enemies anywhere (beating 100 bowsers in 2-2?) or fly through the level.

9. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

I approve of Debug mode being a cheat. Maybe beat the game without powerups would work for unlocking it(any difficulty or characters).

10. Draken

Draken Level 1: Goomba

Once you win the game It's pretty damn cool to play it again with some cool game enhancers that either make it Ultra Easy or Impossibly Hard so, here is a few ideas I have for new cheats most of which would make the game more challenging.

No Limits Cheat - Removes restrictions of up to X bullets/pellets/rockets/whatever on screen. [While it would cause lag on slower machines it would sure be fun]
    Unlock: Fire 1000 Whatever Projectiles

Everybody Stomp Cheat - All characters can stomp enemies.
    Unlock: Stomp 500 Enemies [Possible only with Mario/Luigi making it harder]

Enemy Spawn Cheat - Enemies like :goomba: :kl: :bl: randomly appear on the sides of the screen marching towards player. [There was a Game genie cheat that caused Koopa Troopas to appear like that, in underwater stages :blooper: :ccl: could appear instead of normal enemies]
    Unlock: I don't know.

Billstorm Cheat - Bullet Bills :bbr: randomly appear on sides of the screen at random intervals on all levels making game harder. [Could be combined with no limits for even bigger challenge]
    Unlock: Shoot down 200 bullet bills.

Bombardment Cheat - Lakitu :ll: appears on all levels with this cheat.
    Unlock: Kill 50 Lakitus.

Gardener Cheat - Piranha plants :pp: grow randomly across the map. [Preferably on grass]
    Unlock: Cut down 100 Piranha Plants.

Madfish Cheat - Cheep Cheep :ccr: are attacking like in bridge levels.
    Unlock: Make some sushi?

Hellspawn Cheat - Podoboos just appear out of nowhere randomly
    Unlock: Once again no idea.

Lowgrav Cheat - Low gravity, I don't want to hear about water mode, water mode doesn't make Mario jump higher does it?
    Unlock: Jump on flagpole for 5000 points.

Carnival Cheat - Fireworks Everywhere [This is for the lulz]
    Unlock: See at least 50 fireworks.

Kidmode Cheat - No enemies, podoboos, bullet bills, firebars, bowsers. Peace and Quiet. Good for speedruns.
    Unlock: Beat the game on Extreme [I know it's taken :\" title=" title=" title=" title=]

Random Powerups Cheat - You never know if question block contains coins or nice powerup.
    Unlock: Hit 1000 question blocks.

I know that there is a lot of cheats that spawn extra enemies but let's be honest, there isn't enough of them, I wan't to kill more enemies. If any of these were thought off before, sorry.

*Feels Stupid* I'm sorry that I had to give the mods work on moving this '-' I haven't noticed the sticky. Forgive Meh :blank:

Edit: Seriously more cheats MUST be implemented, especially that things like Bullet Bills or Lakitus everywhere should be pretty easy, just make the script that makes them appear on some levels where they are work on all levels. Give meh more replay value :D

11. Frozsoul

Below are a bunch of new enemy cheats that I think would be pretty awesome to try out (especially when some of these are combined!):
    1. Enemies can "crawl" along pipes and walls (a la Metroid)
    2. All enemies avoid pits (not just the red koopa troopas!)
    3. Evil Enemies mode (similar to Evil Hammer Bros. cheat, but for other enemies too)
    4. Enemy movement speed is greatly increased
    5. Enemies can hop over one-pit gaps
    6. Enemies can spawn out of pipes
    7. Enemies automatically respawn after death
    8. Enemies can appear in secret areas
    9. Lakitu's eggs hatch into random enemies
    10. Enemy projectiles can be nullified/destroyed by your weapon's projectiles
    11. All enemies can throw hammers
    12. All enemies can breathe Bowser fire
    13. Enemies can also collect power-ups (e.g. mushroom gives enemies extra hit points, star gives enemies temporary invincibility)
    Edit: Sorry if some of these were already mentioned...I hadn't noticed the cheat suggestions thread when I came up with this list.

12. TheomanZero

All Attacks Pierce Armor (needs a better name)
    All attacks can damage Buzzy Beetles and Bullets Bill, including Mario & Luigi's fireballs.
    Unlock: Defeat x(maybe 50?) Buzzy Beetles
    (I thought about including Bullets Bill as well, but decided against it because they spawn infinitely.)

13. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Armour makes invincible: Absolutely nothing can kill Buzzy Beetles, Bullet Bills, Spike Tops, etc. Even shells bounce off them and the Starman just runs through them.
    (made to stop Nemephosis yammering)

14. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

1. I already have, so nice try.

2. When you take things to the extreme like that, it comes off as childish. When you're ready to have an actual discussion, try again.

15. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Uh, what?

16. Nemephosis

You know what. I'm not playing these games.

17. TheomanZero

Actually, I thought Mario-Fan's suggestion was reasonably legitimate as a cheat, but I'm not a big fan of it. I don't think that making enemies that are only vulnerable to specific weapons invulnerable to all weapons adds much of anything to the game. Maybe an "all enemies invincible" cheat for the true masochists.

18. Draken

Draken Level 1: Goomba

Ok guys, how about these? They are much better if you look for a challenge than invincible enemies.

Surprise Cheat - Enemies only become visible when they come within a two-three block radius of the player.
    Unlock: Beat the game with invisible enemies skin on.

Blindfold Cheat - Tiles are only visible within 2-3 block radius of the player.
    Unlock: Beat the game with invisible world skin on.

But if you really want harder enemies.

Spikeys Cheat - Replaces all enemies with Spike Tops :spr: and Spineys :sr: . [By the way, Spineys have more spikes, how is it that Spike Tops are more dangerous? I don't get it.]
    Unlock: Kill 50 Spike Tops

Sounds too easy? Well someone could mix the DNA of Hammer Bros and Spineys/Spike Tops and create a new super resistant Spike Bro and then throw in a cheat like one below. But that's really for masochists.

All Spike Bros - Replaces all enemies with Spiked Hammer Bros.
    Unlock: Idk, my creativity has had a malfunction.

Frozsoul likes this.
  19. Nemephosis

It was, until you realize that a couple days ago I had suggested to make Spike Tops invulnerable by removing all the armor-piercing qualities of weapons, turning them into enemies you could do nothing about except avoid. Evidently a couple of posts back and forth now constitutes "yammering" which I guess I just haven't stopped doing yet, prompting his little remark toward me over something that was already done.

20. TheomanZero

I'll just slowly back away before I get involved.

Frozsoul likes this.