Cheat Suggestions & Discussion

Discussion in 'Features' started by JoMamma, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Uarux

Uarux Level 1: Goomba

No Axe: Retires the Axe from Bowser's Castle levels. You will have to defeat him to pass.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Well you can do it on purpose. Who would put such thing as a cheat?

aliceandsven likes this.
  3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Good point. I guess cheats should really be things which are not possible in any other circumstance (ex. Swimming in any level).

TheomanZero likes this.
  4. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I'd still like to see one where anyone can jump on enemies like Classic SMBC.
    It could be Classic SMBC mode.
    Unlocked by killing 3000 Goombas.

5. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

Think thats a little high?

TheomanZero likes this.
  6. Rey D

Patron

→ Well Goombas are the most common enemies, so it should be no problem. I guess you didn't unlocked the cheats legitly and directly put the code for cheats if you say that. ;)

7. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah :p

8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

There are a total of 145 Goombas in the game. To unlock that cheat, you would have to play though the game at least 21 times.
    I think it is a little too high.
    NOTE: I unlock the cheats legitimately, in case you're wondering.

Rey D likes this.
  9. Rey D

Patron

→ Oh. Then yeah, I guess reducing it to 300 would be decent.

TheomanZero likes this.
  10. TheomanZero

That's better. It's not like you'd kill every single Goomba in each playthrough, anyway.

11. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I had an idea while playing the the Ice theme levels from SMB3. An option for Everyone to have Luigi sliding physics!

12. fishcake cap'n

fishcake cap'n Level 1: Goomba

the ablity to pick up and piledrive enimes

for everyone to be able to jump on enimes

13. TheomanZero

This doesn't really make sense.
    This has already been suggested several times. And don't double post.

14. extremenewsupermario

extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

For those who just want the game done I got a cheat idea
    Bowser is replaced with a goomba.
    Unlock:Beat the game on extreme and kill 10000 enemies.

15. fishcake cap'n

fishcake cap'n Level 1: Goomba

Have everyone have the wall/ceiling cling.
    conditions:go 1 mile on walls and ceilings
    1 brick= 1 foot
    is a special ablillty and and can be switched to with tab

16. TheomanZero

Have you thought about how their controls would work?

17. Overlord

Overlord Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Gomba Army: Gomba's are everywhere. Replaces all enemies on the map and adds more. Except for Underwater levels. Gomba's also may or may not fall into pits. It would be like, the easiest enemy to fight but not so easy where there are a whole lot more! :D lol (Alt name could be Strength in Numbers) And maybe not just Gomba's. Maybe random enemies every level or a specific enemy per difficulty?

Yellow Shell: Where a Yellow Kopa is randomly inserted into a level and follows you just like in SMW.

Metal Head: Gives the character a metal look, makes them invincible to weak enemies (like Gombas) and makes the character slower and harder to jump over pits. You would really have to time it to get across. It's probably too much though. XD lol

One Hit KO: Every time you start, you start fully powered, ? prizes are replaced with either the latter upgrade or a coin, and you only get one hit before you die. So it's like having the Mushroom but not actually having the Mushroom. lol

Small Super World: All characters are bigger then usual. lol Not too big but still noticeable big. It might make it harder to doge enemies so it would be one of those really extreme cheats.

My Enemy Is My Friend Is My Enemy: Some enemies will fight for you. :D Maybe have like a pet? Send a Gomba to go fight a Kopa? I doubt it would drastically change anything but it could be funny. lol
    It's like, you go to the character select screen and pick your character. If the cheat is on then you get to pick what enemy you want to bring with you. But you can only use an enemy you killed that run (so world 1-1 is blank). Then it will follow you and jump at the correct times to avoid death. Or it will just bounce back up when it falls. Then you can press a specific button and it will run forward or attack with its signature attack. Like Hammers from a Hammer guy or a fierce tackle from a Koopa or a jump-on attack from a Gomba (saw that above lol) Idk though. I want to see what people would think.

Super Mario Soccer: When this cheat is on, you can kick every enemy with Mario. lol Except for Bullets, those fire balls and Bowser. And fish too. But everything is fair game. XD

18. Kayube

Kayube Level 1: Goomba

Another possibility for cheats would be to add vegetables from SMB2, and the "fireballed enemies turn into coins" feature from SMW. Like how those are e-Reader cards in Super Mario Advance 4.

19. TheomanZero

There were a total of seven of those switches in the Japanese version. Here's what they were, along with how I think they relate to SMBC:
    • Add vegetables to all levels (might take a bit of work, as it would require a new object and veggie layouts for every level in the game)
    • Fireballed enemies turn into coins (maybe as a cheat . . . would it only apply to fireballs?)
    • Replace 1up Mushrooms with 3up Moons (. . . probably not)
    • Replace Goombas with Buzzy Beetles (already happens in Hard Mode)
    • Flutter Jump for Luigi (Luigi already has different jump physics)
    • Slow Timer (. . . if we slowed it down to 1 timer tick = 1 second, it would make speedrun calculations easier . . . apart from that, the easier difficulties already give more time)
    • P-Meter fills faster (completely irrelevant to SMBC)

20. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Interesting ideas, and here are my thoughts on them:
    • Vegetables: Tricky, since a) as you said, new object and layouts would have to be designed, and b) can everyone use them, or is it limited to Mario, Luigi (and Princess, Toad)? If everyone, new sprites would have to be made for most of the characters.
    • Fireballed enemies into coins: Neat idea, I'd say only fire-based weapons "coinify" enemies (that's how it works in SMW).
    • 1-Ups into 3-Ups: Nope, too good.
    • Slow timer: Unnecessary. It's likely far easier to just add time to the levels than to adjust the length of the timer ticks.
    My favorite of those is the "fireballed enemies into coins" one, but implementing it would be weird. I guess just a cheat would work well, though.