Request Christine Skin for Link: Begin with bow/arrow instead of Boomerang

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

In her game, Christine's primary weapon is her bow and arrow, so it makes sense for her to begin with this weapon instead of the Boomerang.

elim, ThomasMink and mitsymckenzie777 like this.
  2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Bump because it was missed

Mitewing likes this.
  3. AkumaXX

AkumaXX Level 3: Paratroopa

Maybe we can go a few steps further:
    Arkista\'s Ring (U)_001.jpg
    Basic attack: Replace with her bow and infinite arrow, but deal less damage than Link's sword and has limited range.
    "Mushroom": Replace graphic with Potion (5th item in lower row). Gives infinite range of arrow shot.
    Magic Sword: Replace graphic with 3rd item in lower row.
    Red Ring: Replace graphic with Gauntlet (8th item in upper row). Improve rapid-fire.
    Bombs: Replace graphic with 1st item in lower row.
    Bow and Arrow: Replace graphic with Fire Rod and Ninja Stunner (7th and 6th item in lower row). Shoots fireballs which go through enemies and walls, but don't deal more damage than standard shot.
    Up/Down Thrust, Boomerang: Keep them as is now.

Mitewing likes this.
  4. Mitewing

I had another thread where I suggested replacing sword beam with the Fire Rod. Any adjustments that are possible to make Christine play closer to her game are welcomed.

5. AkumaXX

At that time I was thinking based on current setup close to Link himself, while this time I make it out of original gameplay.

Just have a flash of Neutopia (Turbo-Grafx CD or PC Engine CD-ROM) skin. This game acts like Zelda, but has his own points. (maybe in other threads)

6. Mitewing

Make a request for Neutopia in the Link skins thread. I welcome changes for accuracy whether cosmetic only or otherwise

7. AkumaXX

@Mitewing: I have thought again and... Unless someone makes custom graphic, Neutopia skin won't fit, since the toons are as tall as Link in Minish Cap.

8. Mitewing

I looked at the sprites and thought the same thing, but it was still a good idea.

Back to Christine, as of now it would not be possible for her start with bow given the current limitations on skins, so perhaps she could be given enhancements relating to the Bow itself. Any ideas?

I like your idea regarding a limited bow replacing sword attacks if possible. Maybe the Bow powerup would give her access to specialty arrows that are limited in number.

9. AkumaXX

@Mitewing: Already listed above that she may shoot piercing fireballs. It doesn't pierce enemy if it fails to score a kill. Ninja Stunner as ammo is that it looks like 「印籠」, a kind of container.

Mitewing likes this.