Request Classic 2-Player

Discussion in 'Features' started by A.D.A.M., Jun 6, 2014.

1. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

I couldn't find this request before, so here it goes.

Make a two player mode like in the classic Mario Bros game. One Player plays until he dies, and then it switches to player 2. Player 1 will have one set of skins, and player 2 will have a different set of skins. Each player will recieve their own set of skins to play as, so they can tell the players apart, and skins with gameplay differences will be playable by both players. Since there aren't multiple versions of each skin, some player 2 skins will be a palette swap. Example. Player 1 can play as classic Mega Man and Proto Man and Cut Man. While Player 2 can play as Mega Man without a helmet, Break Man, and Green Cut Man. Also, make the classic white and green Luigi the default player 2 skin for Mario, so that the classic NES 2 player game can be perfectly emulated in SMBC (Luigi would play the same as Mario in the original game).

Ok, now point out why this will never work because its too difficult to program into the game or something.

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

There has been a topic somewhere that discussed various types of 2 player: Alternating (like your request), Contra styled, NSMBWii styled, and maybe a couple other ways. I'm all for 2 player, preferably some type of cooperative mode.

3. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

I saw the Co-op topic, but I thought that was different, because I don't want Co-op play. I want classic alternating gameplay.

Mitewing likes this.
  4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I want both, but alternating gameplay is probably easier to program than coop anyway.

5. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Then just put up enough lives for both of you and trade the controller.

Co-op is far more interesting.

Nat, TheomanZero and Mitewing like this.
  6. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I changed the name to be more specific to the resquest

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  7. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

but mario arcade classic simultiplay

8. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

Honestly, this request is pointless. As MissingNo said, you can easily just put up enough lives to trade the controller. Actual co-op would be a much better idea, even if it's not online.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  9. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

there's a point to this. Luigi could be in 8-1, while Mario's still messing around in 3-3. You instantaneously switch between them in a race to see who saves peach's ass first. It could also be an online deal, too.

10. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

If it's an "online deal", it SHOULD be simultaneously. Nobody likes waiting.

DarkBowser007, Mitewing and Faruga like this.