Considering Classic Controls Option

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

The whole purpose of this thread is to show how an NES controller CAN be used. My opening thread has a move list for all the characters. The special button isn't exactly necessary.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I mean SMBC currently needs it, and we submit ideas of how we can substitute it.

3. Mitewing

Can someone add this to the Features wiki for me? For some reason I can't log in. I already have a wiki account to. Thanks!

I updated Ryu to reflect the current conversation in his thread.

Can a mod move this thread to the new Features section for future discussion, please?

4. Rey D

Patron

→ Well, directly sending a message to a global moderator (or alice, I thinks he's the moderator in charge of the SMBC forum).

Mitewing likes this.
  5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well, I'd never use this myself (I think the Special button significantly improves the controls), but I guess people with USB NES gamepads would want this. Just don't forget about the Select button!

Mitewing likes this.
  6. Mitewing

That's fine. Not everyone would want to use it, but I am one of those people who want to play this game with a USB NES controller. It just feels right to me, along with using my HDTV as a monitor for my laptop when I do. It's mainly for nostalgia.

The Select button is necessary. Most of the characters require it for their movesets one way or another.

Rey D likes this.
  7. Rey D

Patron

I've never owned a NES. ^^"
    It doesn't stop me from liking this option request (after all, SMBC's a tribute to NES characters and games).
    Though I can't afford a USB NES controller.

8. GamingsCupofJoe

GamingsCupofJoe Level 2: Koopa

I't would be a cool item but only if you like collectable items

9. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

NES controller+thing that Abobo's Big Adventure links to

10. Rey D

Patron

→ Money.

11. Faruga

Patron

Okay, $12+whatever a NES controller costs. I dunno how much you get in the end.

12. Rey D

Patron

→ It's ok. If I wanted to buy an old console controller, I'd buy a SNES one anyway.
    That's ok, I'm happy to have a controller (even as shitty as it is). And good games to play with. :)

13. Faruga

Patron

I don't have any kind of controller that my computer can interact with, not even a "sh*tty" one.