Classic Simon, Whip Only Challenge.

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Alkerion, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Alkerion

Alkerion Level 2: Koopa

This challenge comes at you like a bat out of hell! You must use Simon Belmont with the Classic Simon cheat activated and never use any Sub Weapons to attack enemies. Using means other than the whip (Such as the Star, hitting blocks underneath enemies, or kicking Koopa Shells) is technically allowed, but if you want to make it even more difficult, use just the whip to stay more true to the spirit of the challenge.

I guess the Infinite Lives Cheat is allowed too, if only for some of the later levels where using Classic Simon in general can be rather challenging. ;)

Finally, just to prove that it is possible to complete this challenge, I recorded myself completing it through yesterday and earlier today and uploaded the videos to YouTube! Here's the first part:

2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

So judging by your videos, killing enemies by bumping blocks is okay?

3. Alkerion

Alkerion Level 2: Koopa

Y'know, that's a good point, I forgot about mentioning that... :confused:

I was gonna say that was allowed too, like the Koopa Shell thing, since it can be really awkward to avoid happening sometimes, especially with Lakitu's Spinies.

I'll make a compromise, then: Let's re-name this the 'Classic Simon, No Sub Weapons' challenge, to be more clear on what is really 'allowed'. Although, trying to use only the whip is still preferred, I guess...