Closing all forums unrelated to Exploding Rabbit

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Jay submitted a new resource:

Closing all forums unrelated to Exploding Rabbit - I'm closing a lot of forums due to some upcoming changes to the site.
    Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Jessy likes this.
  2. BBQTurkeyzZ

BBQTurkeyzZ Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Capture.PNG
    i'm up for doing this

also it's been a good 7/8 months here
    i can understand why you're doing this
    all the best for the future, jay

Faruga, Jessy and A.D.A.M. like this.
  3. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

Will we have to reregister for the new forums?

4. BBQTurkeyzZ

i don't even know if it's happening yet
    hopefully it will
    all content is being moved, right?
    so posts will stay
    you can't have the posts without the posters
    the levelling and things might be different but like jay said it's the same thing just in a different place

5. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Just make sure whatever software you use can import Xenforo. I'd personally recommend Xenforo, but it's not free.

Faruga likes this.
  6. BBQTurkeyzZ

alright
    i'm in the process of making a blog calling on helpers for the move right now
    anyways
    like i said
    good luck
    i'll probably still come here, just not as much as i do know
    like some members here today like uglyrodent etc

Faruga likes this.
  7. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

i have no idea where we could move, but i'm up for whatever we decide.

doesn't mean i will quit er completely though.

Faruga likes this.
  8. Koari

Koari Level 7: Bloober

I really don't agree with just focusing on your main projects as a forum. I feel that you're basically committing community suicide.

I guess giving us an out was the least you could do, and I have no choice but to take that out. I will still support the projects, but I feel there will be nothing left to return to once all of this is done.

Mitewing, Faruga and pikafan8 like this.
  9. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Alright then. Make sure to put up a link to the new forums.

Faruga likes this.
  10. pikafan8

pikafan8 Level 5: Spiny

what made you think that it would be a good idea to mold a community into what it's not?

Faruga likes this.
  11. Jessy

Jessy Level 1: Goomba

As Jay isn't active in the community, I think prolicide is more accurate, with the specific goal of chronocide-icide. :axe:

Faruga likes this.
  12. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

i'm staying until the chiptune is over, and then i'm moving to the new place
    we'll see if i decide to give a fuck about the old place, but don't get your hopes up

i am not able to set up a new forum at all, but please someone be the man

13. BBQTurkeyzZ

ren has made a facebook group so a new forum may not be necessary unless people don't want facebook
    the group is secret, of course

Faruga likes this.
  14. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

i really would prefer a forum though
    among other things it means i don't need to hide my name

15. Koari

Koari Level 7: Bloober

No Facebook

狂人さん and Faruga like this.
  16. Midori

Midori Level 1: Goomba

an alternative forum would be the better choice. facebook is - to use the most appropriate description - a piece of shit.

狂人さん, Nitron_ZX and Faruga like this.
  17. BBQTurkeyzZ

too late

Faruga likes this.
  18. JoMamma

JoMamma Level 6: Lakitu

Well, that's a good way to shut down an entire community.
    I get your flow and all, that you want to take your site in your own direction. But the way you chose to handle it is... extreme, to say the least.

I'm sure you're fully aware of how many people don't agree with this change and are going to be leaving because of this. You've stated yourself that you just aren't interested in it, despite the arguments people have posed against you.

A better way to have handled this was made a separate site, watched how that went, and then as time passed, shut this one down if you had success or hand it off to someone else. If you really thought it was best to force it, though, then you're the one in power and I guess we can't really argue with that.

It's just a shame that the community was starting to pick up in activity over the past few days, and the change came without much warning. You should've let us know a lot farther in advance instead of randomly deciding you're going to drop it all.
    You weren't really giving us much to have relevance to, and that's why the community went in the direction it did. Hell, I don't even feel like anything needed to be changed, aside from you giving us more updates. If that had been the case then a massive dropping of the site's content would've been entirely unnecessary.

Best of luck to you with your new direction, I guess.
    I personally don't see myself being a part of it, but hey, we'll see how it goes.

19. Midori

Midori Level 1: Goomba

does all forums unrelated to ER include all the unrelated creative projects and topical discussions aswell? seems like a lot of the stuff in there even though unrelated is not entirely irrelevant.

Faruga likes this.
  20. pikafan8

pikafan8 Level 5: Spiny

"closing all forums unrelated to ER" means literally leaving two subforums that basically nobody cares about.

aliceandsven and Faruga like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.