Closing all forums unrelated to Exploding Rabbit

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flamin/Super Dark Prince

Flamin/Super Dark Prince Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I've been watching big members of the community deal with this news in a Skype conversation for a while now. So here's my goodby to Exploding Rabbit.

I always hoped to return some day. I thought maybe rationality would prevail, and this would once again become a bastion of equality, rationality, and intelligence. This did not happen. A lot of the people here have become whiny, self-indulgent, immature brats. I wouldn't even begin to pretend everybody on this site is like that, or even most of them. But many of the pillars of the community can't pull their heads out of their asses and act like reasonable humans about this.

I hate this decision. This site was like a home to me for years, and it hurts a little to see that it has to (for the most part) either move or fade into obscurity. But I'm not a selfish fucking sociopath. Exploding Rabbit is composed of humans. Humans with feelings, and needs, and goals. And they are expressing those things in a healthy and reasonable way. I might not like the decision, but unlike so many others who have devoted time to bitching and complaining, I can admit that this is for the best. Sometimes you have to take disgusting medicine that makes you gag because otherwise you fucking die. So many people are worried about how the community is dying. A community isn't something you can kill, it's just a group of people that share experiences. It's an abstract being made up of many.

To anyone who thinks the community is going to die, I take it back: you were fucking right. The community isn't dead but it's sure as hell on its way. And it's not Jay's fault, it's yours. You are the ones who have systematically turned this into a society of hatred; it was subtle at first, but some of the vitriol I've seen today disgusts me. Congratulations, to both Aliceandsven and ReNeX, for putting such dedication into making a community based on love into an immature bitchfest of hatred. And well done to everyone who follows their lead.

I believe in the ideals of the Exploding Rabbit that I joined so long ago: freedom, art, debate, intelligence, fairness, and love. If anyone else values those ideals, I implore you: come to Rat's Nest.

3. pikafan8

pikafan8 Level 5: Spiny

i don't think you realize but we weren't hating on jay?

seriously holy shit what did you think we were talking about?

we're making jokes, having fun, and I DON'T UNDERSTAND

4. Flamin/Super Dark Prince

Flamin/Super Dark Prince Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

People just see things differently, I think.

5. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

A lot of people WERE hating on Jay. If you weren't, then I wasn't talking about you.

6. wow. the forums looks like it lost a lot of weight : 3

7. Midori

Midori Level 1: Goomba

when two groups with two conflicting ideas are in disagreement usually finding a compromise could help. a potential compromise in this case would be the question whether it's really necessary to get rid of every single thread that is supposed to be removed? how about being more selective and keeping specific threads that people deem to be important to this community? that alone may reduce enough to please both sides.

8. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Contrary to UR's bitch-fit, Renex and I have been dedicating all our time today to organizing a transfer of the community's data to a new Xenforo forum. We opened a facebook group, we started a skype chat, we're opening a temporary Wikia, we're trying to centralize and find a solution that will accommodate as many of the people here as possible who's interests are being displaced.

You said yourself solutions were better than bitching, but now here you are bitching and throwing insults out left and right.

Nat, TiagoDu, Faruga and 6 others like this.
  9. pikafan8

hey jay

if you were running out of money, you probably should have told us that instead of just making yourself look like an ass.

Faruga, DarkBowser007 and NeoMan like this.
  10. TitanStarDX

TitanStarDX Level 3: Paratroopa

The music and topical nonsense were what drew me into the forums, them being not around feels not okay. Where will the new forums be located at?

11. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

http://fakecrystals.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Forum this is all we got for now

Faruga likes this.
  12. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

I don't think this is as big a deal as people are making it.
    1) Its easy to go to Google, find a forum, and join it.
    2) Its Jay's site, and if he's tired of running the forums, he can shut them down, if he wants. I'm pretty sure the whole point of this was so that Jay wouldn't have to deal with the forums anymore, or atleast, make them someone else's problem.
    3) If you're BFF's with someone on the forum, then you can get their email and skype or whatever.

There's obviously something more going on, which we don't know about (my guess). And telling Jay off is just going to make him want to close the forums more, so he doesn't have to put up with people telling him off anymore.

That's just my two cents.

Jessy likes this.
  13. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

1: yes but many of the forums have biased rules/don't really cover many areas. This one has unbiased rules and a tone of places to talk.
    2: i dunno he barely ever posted anyway, how could it be much of a problem if he was pretty much ignoring it most of the time?
    3: the thing is why should we have to move in the first place? Jay could just do a few things to push the community to work on contributing to SMBC and SAS in a few ways, not out right delete what made these forums the best place to go to.
    Epilouge: uhh... also, seriously he mostly ignored what was happening here seemingly anyway, so... i don't know i'm still against this and so is every single fucking one else, but jay's obviously not gonna change his mind so we're just trying to figure out what to do over skype.

14. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Why would you not? The community itself is cool and stuffs, but the physical position on the ER forums is not what makes it cool and stuffs.

"out right delete"
    They won't delete it. At least not for some time.

Jessy and Faruga like this.
  15. Zyborg

Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

Before making such a drastic change, it would be nice to know what your vision of what the site will be. So, Exploding Rabbit is now solely based on your works? I'm not saying that's wrong, I just want to know if I understand properly. Perhaps you could explain your visions of the future to us so the arguing can stop between the divided fans. But either way, this is your site and you have every right to change things you do not feel are right for your site.

Jessy, Faruga, Rey D and 1 other person like this.
  16. pikafan8

i've been wondering about this all day

after december 17th, would it still be possible for us to transfer our part of the forums to another?
    this question probably won't be answered, but oh well.

Faruga likes this.
  17. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

I had a really great 4 years on this site. Thank you for making Super Mario Bros. Crossover and the Exploding Rabbit forums Jay, I truly appreciate it. Good luck in your future endeavors, I'll be sure to check in periodically and keep up on the current ER news.

Everyone else, Alice, Renex, link me to that new xenforo forum, I'll see you guys there. :)

Jessy, Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

That part is planned to br "locked and hidden", so it will still be possible. But the earlier the better, especially since Jay has been doing a lot of stuffs on the forums these last weeks.

Faruga likes this.
  19. Midori

Midori Level 1: Goomba

you're welcome.

for even older versions of this website: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.explodingrabbit.com

edit: nevermind. it seems like they don't go far enough into it. no actual posts have been saved. lets see if there is an alternative though.

edit 2: for those who have an account - this may work: https://accounts.google.com/Login?continue=https://history.google.com/history&hl=en

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Faruga likes this.
  20. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.