Closing all forums unrelated to Exploding Rabbit

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Well, i look forward to what things you want to add on this forum that may be valuable to ER, but i still don't think all this forum locking and hiding was necessary. Maybe even just locking and moving to an "Archive" sub forum would be a lot better.

Also, you still need to be more open. You say you made this to open space for "things that I think will be more valuable to people". What are these things, and why you think they will be more valuable to "people"? You can't expect us to understand if you don't explain it to us.

Mitewing and 狂人さん like this.
  2. it's true the it would be more informative if somebody was more informative. it's funny to me people try to point this out. Jay is a damn smart guy. and he's also full of good humor and he's also hilarious. but we don't need to be telling him stuff he already is smart enough to know. I'm sure he has his own reasons for holding back info. I remember back when he made new additions to SMBC. he was very secretive. he likes to have a big giant explosion when he lets his stuff out. just like when he made update videos for his games. I'm sure he's treating the forums the same way.

then again I'm just judging by speculation of what I know about Jay.

DarkBowser007 likes this.
  3. TiagoDu

I really hope the things he's planning to put on the forum are worth all the secrecy, otherwise people would freak out way less if jay explained it, and all this big general confusion would be avoided.

Also, trust only goes so far. It's true Jay never did something so sudden and that would change the whole community so much, so it's only natural that people wouldn't know what to do and just generally freak out...

狂人さん likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

I'm not intentionally being secretive. It's just that explaining things takes time, and everyone interprets what is said in their own way. Then people have questions, and answering questions takes time. That can all be avoided just by doing things.

Additionally, I'm pretty experimental, and I may think I'm doing something, but then I try it out and it's not so good. If I announce something, but don't end up doing it, people would get upset about that. I know that because it happened with the Kickstarter.

There's no winning when dealing with a lot of people. It's all compromises.

Also, my true nature is coming out toward the forum now, which people are not used to. This is because I'm integrating the forum into the rest of the site, so now it has my attention. Anyway, I think the general interpretation people have of me is that I'm laid back, but I'm not at all. I have high quality standards for everything I'm involved in.

People on the forum will say what I'm doing is a bad idea, but people on the forum don't look at the whole picture, and I don't have time to make everyone understand. I'm taking control of the whole website now, and the forum is part of the website.
    • Focus more on content instead of discussion about content
    • Allow content types besides posts / wiki
    • More moderation to encourage high quality content and discussion
    • Make it easier for high quality content and discussion to get noticed
      • Featured threads / ratings for content
    • Integrate main site with forum
    • Better organization
    • Better experience on mobile devices
    • Easier maintenance and administration
    That's a quick summary. Now that I wrote that though, people are going to have more questions, and the cycle continues. I hope this helped.

Jessy, Rey D and 狂人さん like this.
  5. EDIT:remember, clicking the picture shows it full size so it's easier to read. and clicking it again will make it go back down.
    cheese.png

then Jay had a cheese burger instead.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Dinospy_01 and Ganymede like this.
  6. TiagoDu

That's all too vague. I don't see how this excludes all the forums you're going to lock and hide...

And of course people are going to have more questions to you. You're the freaking site admin and head of ER. You can't avoid them since you're the owner of this whole site.

Either that or you're going to have to hire someone to do all the PR for you. :p

7. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Well okay I guess. ER have zero benefit of non ER stuff so it is removed. There is business logic behind it. Our random happy fun times don't make things better for Jay, it only asks for more work. Us just hanging out here here for whatever won't give anything to ER. There is need to get stronger since it does not stand on the same strong legs as it used to, ER experiencing tuff times in the present. Things can get better with more focus. It may become a no fun zone but it will be a more profit zone.
    Eh I can live with it, I am not going to give up on the place after this long time. My only personal loss is there are many cool people I probably never going to see ever again. Oh well that's internet for you, I got used to such already anyway. Now probably only once a month visit will be enough for me though, that is unless something actual worth of interest happens. Oh well it was fun while it lasted. Who knows maybe one day when it gets stronger and richer enough it can afford it again.

Faruga likes this.
  8. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

people are setting up a new place

Urutsune likes this.
  9. Urutsune

Yes I have heard, I am just hoping it will be successful too. Will the community be called The X-Hare?

10. Faruga

Patron

names are flying everywhere
    so far we've had fake crystals and new game + and probably others that i don't know of

11. Urutsune

I was actually only joking about the name. But it's okay to take it seriously.

Faruga likes this.
  12. Midori

Midori Level 1: Goomba

the new place will be called shenanigans of a distant past.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1416409920][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i think they'll add a bunch of dress-up-games. so whenever they want to share some code with the community you won't be able to only discuss it but to also put a skirt on it.

13. TiagoDu

I was wondering.

If Jay doesn't value community, then why the heck did it set up a forum? Isn't a forum a social community? the wiki is also a community, in a way.

狂人さん likes this.
  14. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I think Jay already answered this question on his main page:

Rey D, TiagoDu and Faruga like this.
  15. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

New Game Plus sounds like a cool name.
    What will the forums focus on, though, since they aren't going to be about Exploding Rabbit, anymore? We need a topic. Gaming in general? Retro gaming? NES? All of the above? Or will it just be a forum where people can post anything they want?
    I think the new forums would need some sort of direction to grow in.

Faruga likes this.
  16. Faruga

Patron

I think Current Thoughts will be the big thing.
    Until some big community project happens that people care about.

17. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Gaming and creative projects, I should think. Or something like that.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  18. BBQTurkeyzZ

BBQTurkeyzZ Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

19. TiagoDu

Faruga likes this.
  20. Flamin/Super Dark Prince

Flamin/Super Dark Prince Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.