Request Cloud Strife

Discussion in 'Characters' started by higy765, Mar 31, 2013.

1. higy765

higy765 Level 0: Newbie

Add Cloud Strife as a character. He could start with a regular sword, upgrade to fusion sword, have the power-ups firaga or thundaga that shoot fire or lightning out of his sword. fire would do more damage where as thunder would stop enemies. He could also have a ribbon to resist the fire in Bowsers castle and with a mushroom he could gain the ability to dash using down and z.

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah no.

Turn to the Heroes of Light if you really want a Final Fantasy character in the game.

TheomanZero likes this.
  3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

While Cloud is awesome, none of this makes sense.

First off, he should power up to the Ultima Sword in my opinion.

Firaga and Thundaga weren't in Final Fantasy VII. They were called Fire 3 and Bolt 3. However, being able to pick up Fire and Bolt would be cool, especially if Ice were also included.

As for Ribbon...I don't even know what to say. Ribbon does not prevent damage, it protects you from status effects. And I believe it can only be worn by females.

As for dashing...he never dashed in any game he was in, so that doesn't really make sense.

But this is just my feedback. In general, I think Missingno hit it on the head; it would be best to get a Final Fantasy 1 characters added and then make a Cloud skin :)

4. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Only cause it hasn't been re translated but once FF7 fanboys see they're dream on PS3/PS4 it will be Firaga Thundaga and Blizzaga. Like with the Advance 4,5 and 6.

5. uglyrodent

That isn't a matter of re-translation. If translation was the issue, Final Fantasy VIII probably wouldn't have had the -ra/-aga spells either since it's from roughly the same period. But since they did first show up in VIII, and because Final Fantasy's translation has been damn near impeccable since VI, I think we can assume that they'll just toss in the modern spell names in favor of the original ones since that's just what they use now.

EDIT: I'm wrong I guess.

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Actually, it is a translation issue. Japan has always used the modern spell names (with some exceptions -- "Firaga" is just "Figa" in Japan, for example), but early English versions used shorter names with numbers due to character limits ("ICE3" is a lot shorter than "Blizzaga"). The use of the old names in Final Fantasy VII was probably just a matter of inertia, but they changed over for Final Fantasy VIII, and the new names were made retroactive by the remakes.
    If you need further convincing, Crisis Core uses the modern spell names, and that's the same continuity as FF7.

uglyrodent likes this.
  7. uglyrodent

I relent, but that doesn't prove a whole lot. If they use the modern spell names, they're gonna use it for the newest one whether or not it's consistent with the older ones. Nobody says them in game, so changing the names of the spells doesn't conflict with the older story at all.

Also, I mean...if keeping mechanics consistent mattered, the XP system would have made sense in Crisis Core.

8. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Yea true got me there.