Considering Co-op mode?!?!

Discussion in 'Features' started by GamingsCupofJoe, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

No, I was. He said "there's more than 36 keys" meaning he figured four people can play on one keyboard. Which is way untrue, because no keyboard is going to let 36 keys operate at once. Mine has an upper limit of 6.

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx

So my saying "you can press 15+ keys together" was sarcasm, yes, because well, you can't. Certainly no keyboard is going to register 36.

Joypads may be a good answer, but do you typically have four USB ports available? Newer computers may...

uglyrodent likes this.
  2. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

What I said was that you could fit a whole set of controls for four players, I never said anything about it working properly. No need to be nasty.

3. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Rey D and silentshadowxp like this.
  4. silentshadowxp

All of this. But I'd say, since the power-up system is so complex in 2.0, the person who hit the box is the one who gets the power up for their character.

5. Nemephosis

That was pretty much the farthest thing from nasty. God, I hate to think how some of you handle the real world.

6. silentshadowxp

Ah, my apologies for assuming you were. It's hard to determine what tone people are intending to use in online forums sometimes, so it can be easy to read into things the wrong way.

7. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

You made it too complicated. As the song goes. This is how you do it.

Here is a consept on how it works.

Now that I think about it. It should be like NSMBW where you share score and coins. I dunno about lives. I think sharing it would make it more of a challenge.

Here are two concepts. One offline and one online.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rey D likes this.
  8. silentshadowxp

It wasn't all that complicated at all if you read it. You did actually read it right? :p

Rey D likes this.
  9. Nemephosis

Oh, in that case I apologize. I thought you were saying I was nasty, but you only thought I was. :p

My apologies, good sir.

10. silentshadowxp

Apologies all around! XD

11. Nemephosis

Just do me a favour and promise you won't bring this up in two days after it's over. :awesome:

12. silentshadowxp

*two days later* "You know, that Nemephosis was being such a jerk face the other day, leik, omg!"

Back on topic, Captain Rizer, in addition to being able to jump on each other's heads ala SMBX, being able to nudge other players would be fun as well!

For anyone who doesn't know how SMBX multiplayer works, check out this series of hilarious let's play videos. For uh... educational purposes.. Yeah! That's right! Educational! *caugh*not*caugh*:

13. Nemephosis

Yeah, that is more or less what happened to me this morning already. lol.

14. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Ah, I see now.

Well like I said, if you used joypads and programs the problem is nonexistant, and if you're all using keyboard controls...you have problems beyond the upper limit you can use at once. Joypads are really the only option here.

As for USB ports, I know mine has three and it's a few years old. Your typical desktop has four, but the ones in the back are usually designated to other things. However, through the magic of a USB port you can add a bunch more to your computer. It might not be free, but it is TECHNICALLY possible.

15. Crownjo

I did but it was too much that it really confused the hell outta me. Not trying to be mean But I explained so more people would understand. I need to read more of Captain Rizer's post.

I don't have the joypad problem because I use the 360 controller receiver which can hook up to 4 controllers with one usb. :awesome:

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. Nemephosis

Oh for fuck sakes, that didn't even cross my mind and I have one. Thanks, now I feel dumb :awesome:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/df7e/?srp=1

That's the one I have. Then there's this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/e051/?srp=2

And this...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/cef0/?srp=1

And just in case that is too expensive or there still aren't enough ports, there's THIS MUDA FUCKA *insert Imperial March soundtrack*

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/e5be/?srp=6

Rey D, silentshadowxp and uglyrodent like this.
  17. Crownjo

I read Captain Rizer's post and I don't agree with some his offline co-op ideas. Making the screen size slightly bigger would be weird. The idea of co-op would be SMBC style. Not contra.

uglyrodent likes this.
  18. silentshadowxp

SMBX style was mostly what I took from what he said. Since I haven't played any kind of Contra multiplayer, I really didn't know what to think of that. I'm not a big Contra fan, so I honestly didn't even know it had multiplayer O.o.

19. Crownjo

D:

20. silentshadowxp

Hey, like I said, I wasn't a Contra fan lol. I love bill in Crossover, but I couldn't stand his own game.

uglyrodent likes this.