Considering Co-op mode?!?!

Discussion in 'Features' started by GamingsCupofJoe, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Well that's why my offline co-op concept is almost like single player. Just with two players.

2. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Youtube has failed me in my search for multiplayer Contra gameplay.

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I just searched "contra 2p" and got a bunch of results.

4. silentshadowxp

Usually just saying game multiplayer gameplay works for me, but it didn't this time. Thanks for the heads up.

5. Crownjo

Just a quick question to you guys. Would you rather have offline co-op or online co-op?

I would pick offline because it would be less work and the hosting wouldn't be so expensive due to online play.

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

"contra co op" also works well.

7. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I'm divided.

On the one hand, offline has better chance of being made (due to being less work), and recreates the whole experience of gathering around a console to play (as was the norm in NES days).

On the other hand, there are so many great people I'd never get to play with without online.

8. silentshadowxp

I'm continuing to stick to supporting 2-player offline co-op, like I have from the start lol. It's not that I wouldn't want online or 4 player, but I feel like all the circumstances point to that being the best thing for Crossover multiplayer.

Another thing I just thought of that nobody has mentioned is that with online gaming also comes the potential for lag, and lag can ruin the experience quite a bit.

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  9. Crownjo

Do you rike it?

[​IMG]

10. silentshadowxp

I was thinking about how we don't really need the portraits, but instead you got rid of the names which works just as well.

11. Crownjo

But I liked the portraits... It gives a really cool feeling.

I only did four Mega Mans to show the idea. I was gonna do it with 4 different characters!

12. silentshadowxp

I didn't mean it wasn't good if that's what you thought, It's actually better that way than using the names. Especially considering that it would keep everything uniform.

13. Crownjo

Don't worry bout it! That is why I kept the mugshots so everything looks nice and clean.

The real question... Can flash handle all this?

silentshadowxp likes this.