Request Dante - "Devils Never Cry..."

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Tsukiyomaru0, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Tsukiyomaru0

Tsukiyomaru0 Level 3: Paratroopa

Okay, my character request is a VERY new one, apparently. And it is... DANTE.
    The sprites below were ripped from DMC3: Dante's Awakening for Nokia S40V1 and any 128x160 mobile phone. (Doubt it'll be hard to convert into 8-bits)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Yes, Dante's sprites in that game were like this: head, sword, slash and body sepparated. As for how he was played, he was really simple and could fit well in, because he had jump button, gun, sword and arrows. Just that. So, for SMBC, his controls should be:
    Arrows: Move and, in conjunction with certain keys, allows other moves. Always run.
    Jump: Jumps, of course. Maybe Mushroom could give midair jump.
    Run/Attack: Slashes with sword up to three times (depending on how many times you press). Combine with arrows for different attacks (the additional attacks can be done at any time, even just after the third slash). The combo performed in the air always ends with the fourth hit being a Helm Breaker
    - Forward + Attack (Ground) or Hold Attack to Charge and then Release (Ground): Stinger. Darts ahead in a powerful piercing attack that drills through many enemies. The charged variant should be used if "Safe Stinger" is on, as to prevent accidental triggering.
    - Up + Attack (Ground): High Time. An upward swing that sends the enemy into the air. If the attack button is held until the slash animation ends, the player will jump automatically to continue the combo in the air.
    - Down + Attack (Air): Helm Breaker. Slashes downward until landing on solid platforms. Anyone below and around the player will take heavy damage and get knocked back.
    - Vergil Skin Special Ability: The slash "waves" travels ahead, covering a larger area.
    Special Attack: Ebony and Ivory. Fires at the nearest enemy in a 90º cone in front of the player. The shots are "hitscan", but causes damage lower than Billy Rizer's assault rifle. Serves mostly to slow them down or to chain combos. Must stand still while firing and can be used in the air.
    - Vergil Skin Special Ability: Can't use Ebony and Ivory. Instead, warps past the enemies in a straight line, slashing everyone in the way, but getting vulnerable after the warp (Can fall into pits or come in contact with enemies). Cannot get through any kind of block.
    Gimmick: Style Points. Combo different moves to gain style points that multiplies the points you gain from enemies.
    Vergil Skin: Is unlocked by completing the game with Dante. Has a higher speed overall, is blue colored and gains different abilities for Attack and Special Attack.
    Additional Cheats Needed: Safe Stinger. Prevents accidental use of Stinger.

If you are interested in adding this, contact me and I'll help you assemble them sprites once converted.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

1st of all, those sprites are a mess because it's a direct rip from the files in the game ;
    2nd, you can't just tell Jay: "Hey Jay, make custom sprites for NES, SNES and GB style, starting from that! Also, the moveset is totally obscure and there is no music you can take for him!" ;
    Finally, Dante is born from a PS1 game in 3D gameplay. The game you're talking about is a "beat them up" for mobile phones so they get easy money. It's neither classic game and nor does it have something unique to bring to SMBC.

TheomanZero likes this.
  3. Tsukiyomaru0

Tsukiyomaru0 Level 3: Paratroopa

1) Ripping directly is nigh impossible due to lack of any stable emulator with such functions.
    2) Aaaand what? Moveset is not that all obscure, specially if you know Zero. As for Music, the mobile version lacks good music for it, so they'd either need to be 8-bit rendition of the console one or made from scratch.
    Lastly, 3) Bass isn't a classic neither. He appeared in 7, was playable in MM&B 1 and 2, MM10 and MM Power Battle & Fighters. And, when he was playable, it was only on spin-offs.

Also, I guess there's nothing wrong with a suggestion, after all, REQUESTS ends as SUGGESTIONS, don't they?

4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ When I say "ripped", I mean "digging the files and making them visible from the direct file of the game". I guess I used the wrong terms.

→ I just looked at it, and because of the whole pan of text and attack names, it barely gives me the will to read it all.

→ Need extra work. Who's gonna make it?

→ You're right on that. But Bass plays in a way close enough to Mega Man, and belongs to the classic franchise of platformer games.

→ Suggestions are nice, but if people start requesting anything that come to their mind without thinking properly, it's chaos. That's what "Chaos" "member" did, by the way. There are a lot more interesting characters that could make it in. I can guarantee you that this request will not make it in, and that it will just stay to eat some space on the forums.

Mr.Giang likes this.
  5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

MM10 isn't a spinoff, and it uses an engine specifically designed to emulate the NES. So while not strictly "classic", it is "classic-styled".
    Also, a character for which the graphics and audio would have to be made completely from scratch is an unreasonable suggestion.

6. Mr.Giang

Mr.Giang Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

At least, Bass has 8-bit offical sprites while Dante doesn't.

7. DarkSonic

DarkSonic Level 2: Koopa

hmmm...i really think Dante will not fit well in SMBC :\

8. JoMamma

JoMamma Level 6: Lakitu

MM&Bass is canon. Dude.
    I've played enough DMC games to know that he's one of those characters who are absolutely NOT classic.
    I'm not rejecting your ideas, it would be nice to see him in, but it wouldn't really fit with the others.
    Considering that he didn't even show up on anything Nintendo related, it'd be safe to say that he won't be showing up at all unless Jay makes a terrible mistake.