Dante from DmC: Devil May Cry™

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Tameem Antoniades, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Tameem Antoniades

Tameem Antoniades Level 0: Newbie

Hello gamers!

I heard about this awesome game from one of my colleagues, and I was simply stunned! Old school gaming is still cool!

I looked around and noticed that there was a discussion forum with a board for character requests. I think Dante from DmC: Devil May Cry™ is a perfect fit; everyone knows and loves Dante, the classic hack'n'slash bad-ass! He's also featured in another cross-over mashup, called PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale™. Check out those games if you want to get a feel for how he plays in both 2 and 3 dimensions.

He could shoot down those damned Hammer Bros. from afar with Ebony & Ivory. Or send a Goomba sky-high with Rebellion... or pull that cowardly Lakitu down with Ophion! The possibilities are endless!

You might have to add a few more buttons, though, to accommodate for all of Dante's crazy and stylish game-play potential. But if done correctly, I think he would be a smokin' sick character.

If you don't already know (what?! get with it!), here is what Dante looks like!

[​IMG]

2. doom

doom Level -1: Banned

run, before the mob gets you with torches and pitchforks.

AGameReviewer, MissingNo2 and Omicron like this.
  3. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

While Dante used to be is a nice, stylish character, his gameplay is a bit too recent to properly fit with the SMB environment.

I seriously doubt it's even possible to 8-bit such a modern character without losing all the style.

4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

5. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

So this guy is like the opposite of Alice, yeah?

Like kyoo's enemy? Or sexyreptile?

6. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

Great idea, Tameem! I'm baffled as to why the Exploding Rabbit team hasn't already thought of this, it's genius! Hopefully soon we'll be able to shred up Goombas as bad-ass demon slayer Dante, I'm excited.

7. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Okay this is hilarious.

8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

...Ohahahahahahahaha it's the 1st of April!
    You got me! :D

Faruga likes this.
  9. Omicron

I lost the game.

10. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Okay, now that the clock has struck midnight and the coach has turned back into a pumpkin, are you actually new (in which case, welcome) or someone who made an alternate account for a joke (in which case, who is this?).

11. Omicron

You Lost The Cake

You screwed up this one, orb!