Confirmed Death and enemies after finishing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by StepS, Dec 17, 2011.

1. StepS

StepS Level 3: Paratroopa

Actually, it's possible to die after finishing, and that enemies keep walking after you finish.
    The explanation is here.
    It may be hard to reproduce, and I'm not sure that it always will happen (probably depends on how many Hammer Bro you have collected). Mario-Fan has recorded a video (see the post below) - watch from 32:30. Also, Rey D posted screenshots here.
    I don't know if there's any other method of reproducing the glitch...
    Probably it happens because the hammer bros are too many, so the game ignores some of them when cleaning them up.

:)

2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I can try reproducing it for you. :)
    EDIT: Succeeded in the end, ended up waiting to fall for so long that I just started playing WarioWare on my 3DS instead. Camstudio's still compressing, so don't expect it for another half hour.
    EDIT: Oh wow, I spent so long trying to reproduce it (game, why did you be so slow?!) that it's going to take over an hour to upload. :eek:
    EDIT 2:

EDIT 3: Forgot to say, watch 'til 00:35 and then skip to 32:30.

3. StepS

Well, I think it wasn't really needed to fly that high (I said like that because that was how I did it), since the speed of fall doesn't grow any further... So it may be my fault, sorry for your time :D (btw you could skip the long fall part of your video when editing it)
    And it would be good if there was a limit for hovering (i.e. sophia wouldn't hover higher than some point)...
    Good job reproducing it

PS: nice game over in the end :D haha
    Btw, I noticed that the timestamps in your message have been transformed into smilies. Use [plain] to avoid this.

Rey D likes this.
  4. Faruga

Patron

That's how many times I tried. I tried three times, and succeeded the final time.
    quote="StepS, post: 161522, member: 3162"]Btw, I noticed that the timestamps in your message have been transformed into smilies. Use [plain] to avoid this.[/quote]
    I didn't notice this before I clicked reply. My reply: I didn't realize. PLEASE, someone change the code for the catface emote!

5. StepS

So I guess, the bug is in detection of many enemies. If you really pick up many hammer bro, the game will not delete all of them... Probably the game doesn't remove more enemies than a precised number.

PS: which software did you use to record? Since the SMBC cannot run in fullscreen, that's harder to do for me...

6. Faruga

Patron

http://www.camstudio.org

7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

that video is so long... what part does the bug happen in?

8. StepS

Skip to 32:30.

Thanks, that's a very good one. I had a little problem with sound but I think I fixed it now ;)

9. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

That is a lot of hammer bros.

StepS, Faruga, Koari and 1 other person like this.