decide who's better for smbc sonic or legend of zelda 2 link

Discussion in 'Characters' started by pokemondream, Jan 30, 2011.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

where can I find the second song in that video?

2. Metalhog

Metalhog Level 6: Lakitu

Cool! Can we tell us more about this?

There's some stuff to fix. Sonic didn't pose like he does in his games when he jumps on the spring. Where's the jump sound? Why Sonic jumps so high when hits the enemies? And this Shield is very weird.. :p

3. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

If Zelda 2 Link is not put in, that's fine since it's logical as to why he would be left out.

But there are several nes characters who WOULD NOT fit in this game that I would rather see long before I would accept Sonic. Much as I like the guy. That will always be my one point of uncompromising protest. Regardless of him ever being in an 8-bit game. He never had an 8-bit NES game, so he should stay out.

Sorry Sonic.....

4. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

it is not your decision if sonic gets added or not

5. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

You're one to talk. Why is it EVERY TIME someone bashes your favorite character you have to come at them? What is the point of people expressing their OPINION'S when when there is always some point of conflict?

I said it once and I will say it again, I would rather not see Sonic in this game ever. And that is my OPINION. That is all this entire forum is made up of; opinions and suggestions. We all know it comes down to Jay in the end. No need to state the obvious.

You have no control over it any more than i do. I don't care if you agree or disagree, but you don't need to respond to anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with your viewpoint.

6. MDK

MDK Level 1: Goomba

As much as I'd love to see Zelda II's Link in the game, I can see the reasoning for excluding him. However, if he were to be included, he would have to deviate from the present version of Link, otherwise we'd simply be getting a clumsier - and frankly - limited version of an already existing character. There are a few ways you could go with that, given the vastly different game mechanics, but it wouldn't really stand out. Still, I'd love to see him in the game, if only Jay were winning.

Mind you, I believe that Pit won't be included in the game for same reasoning. Given that Kid Icarus was built on Metroid's gameplay engine and Pit is largely functionally similar to Samus, it'd take a lot to distinguish him as a character in his own right; otherwise, we end up with a smaller version of Samus with a different skin and slightly different skill set. The only real way to make him stand out would be to include his flight mode from the final stage of Kid Icarus, which would make him slightly less game-breaking than Sophia.

7. Caleb

Caleb Level 0: Newbie

maybe sonic

8. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Ugh MKF. Seeing this makes me not Sonic in SMBC at all.

9. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Level 5: Spiny

I think Pit would have enough in his own right to distinguish him as his own character, and not just a Samus clone.

The bow and arrow powerups, as well as his spinny-crystal-protection thing, would play right into the theme of SMBC 2.0. The Game Boy version of Pit added in the ability to glide, much like Mario's raccoon tail, which would give him an edge over Samus in the way of control.

Enemies could randomly drop hammers, which would give Pit once-off swings against more powerful enemies. Add powerups like the angel feather for limited real flight, or maybe the harp to turn everyone into hammers for a while. I think it could work.

TheomanZero likes this.
  10. Crownjo

Why are Sonic fans so Ignorant? If he is never added who cares? Other cool projects that's more Sonic. Like Sonic Classic Heroes.

11. DarkSonic

DarkSonic Level 2: Koopa

I don't need to say that i want Sonic in the game,heh.

12. DarkSonic

Actually he has one 8-bit game.I really don't think a character needs to make an appearence at Nes to be added in the game.

13. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

So if you have more to say after your post, and nobody else has responded, please use the "Edit" button to add on to your last post.

kthx

As for your point, you're right mostly; NES appearance is not mandatory (but it helps). However, Sonic has appeared in a few 8-bit games, especially if you count the Game Gear (and you should...it's 8-bit). Off the top of my head, Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 were both ported to Master System, and Triple Trouble was either also on SMS or it was on Game Gear.

14. DarkSonic

i don't like that Game Gear Sonic much,but since it's 8-bit,it helps.

uglyrodent likes this.
  15. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Hey, have you heard of Sonic Boll? Run a quick search for it on the forums; it's a fan made game that puts Sonic into Mario Bros. It's very much in beta, especially since they restarted almost from scratch at one point, but I think you'd enjoy it.

16. Crownjo

An old topic? Oh well.

Getsu Fuma.

17. DarkSonic

Yep,i played this game today,it's awesome.

18. Christian Lee Gilley

Christian Lee Gilley Level 3: Paratroopa

my opinion on the two,
    1. Zelda 2 Link (Adult Link) would be more of a skin with an extra ability, or it could be made so that "small" Zelda 1 Link grows to "Super" Zelda 2 Link.
    2. Sonic the hedgehog would be best. and if there was all the characters, the majority would be seperate characters, however Mighty, Sonia, Red Sonic, Blue Knux (and possibly Manic unsure) would be skins of Sonic, Espio, & Knuckles.

19. Crownjo

1. Zelda 1 Link and Zelda 2 Link are completely different characters when it comes to game play. Zelda 1 Link isn't suppose to "grow"

2. Eh.... I don't want Sonic characters in.

uglyrodent likes this.
  20. Christian Lee Gilley

Christian Lee Gilley Level 3: Paratroopa

Yes i know Link don't originally grow. but custom sprites, i guess, would be made for "Growth from a shroom" i should put it.
    Link ain't mario, but if one would want the Zelda 2 link, it'd eother be a skin, or have "shroom males super" link.
    Besides if one would completely mod an SMB ROM to have a fully playable Link, Small "zelda 1" link, Super "Zelda 2" link, Fire Powered "Zelda 2 with shield pallet" link. more or less.