Dev-Tracker system

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by aliceandsven, Sep 2, 2013.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Some forums have a system where developer posts are "highlighted" or stand out in some way, and then give users the option to jump directly to the next or previous developer post in that thread.

There are also icons or similar "highlights" on the sub-forum indexes showing that a developer has posted in that thread.

It makes it a lot easier to quickly find out what has received a response from developers. I am wondering if this is possible on Xenforo? And what do people think about it?

imgdat and Omicron like this.
  2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I don't mind.

It's easy enough to spot a specific avatar in a thread.
    You can also check a member's recent posts by checking their profile, so it's not complicated, but you'd only think of doing this if you're familiar with Xenforo.

Having this would make it easier for much people.

3. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

I have read that it's possible to assign custom post layout formatting to separate user groups.

It's easy to see that when we select posts and they turn bubbly-red.

4. imgdat

imgdat Level 5: Spiny
    Patron

By developer you mean people on the ER team? I think this may look cool, and it may not be too hard to setup on XF.

5. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

I can only find the official Xenforo doc example ATM. I thought Bukkit Forums used this but it seems not.

staff-styling.png

imgdat likes this.
  6. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

It's a cool idea but I don't know what color we would use since quotes already show up with a lighter gray around them. I think the invincible Mario is probably good enough.

7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I think it's fine the way it is, but I'm really interested in the quick-jumping. Or maybe your posts could have a dark shade of red instead of grey for your name-plate, but the post content itself won't be affected.

Omicron and World 1-1 like this.
  8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Sounds good. Orange could also work.

9. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Red would be better because the site is already all black and red.

Faruga likes this.
  10. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

AND GREY
    DON'T FORGET THE GREY