Discussion: What do with all these speedrun threads??

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by aliceandsven, Mar 25, 2012.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

As you can see there are tons of speed runs... Without harming the creativity of the community, I'd like to find a way to consolidate all of this, similar to how the other sub forums are consolidated.

Any ideas?

2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Are you thinking something like categorizing the challenges themselves, possibly into sub sub forums?

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

No... I mean, cutting back on similar challenges in the same way that there are specific threads for every character.

There are just so many speed run threads, there needs to be a narrower focus, I think, so that we can get workable results and competition going.

Rey D and sbq92 like this.
  4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Oh I see. I suppose at least the two Ultimate Speedrun Challenges could be consolidated, since they're virtually the same. They could just be variants of the same challenge.

I suppose part of the joy of having a separate place to post speed runs is that people can come up with whatever challenges they want. However, this will cause the sub-forum to just get cluttered, since not all of the challenges that are posted will be popular or even possible.

What about a stickied thread for challenge submissions? This way, you (or someone) could come up with a few guidelines for challenges. The challenge could have to have been tested and proven to be possible and also to some degree enjoyable (this is subjective, but it is important so that waste-of-time and/or rage-inducing challenges aren't being submitted and cluttering the sub-forum). If accepted, a thread for that challenge can then be posted with the rules and people can submit their attempts at the challenge. (Some challenges may not necessarily need this process, as some are pretty straightforward and obvious, e.g., basic speedrun challenges.)

Rey D likes this.