Request Doki Doki Panic

Discussion in 'Characters' started by silentshadowxp, Feb 12, 2012.

1. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

While I am personally not one for having Peach be playable in Crossover, I do fully support her Doki Doki Panic counterpart! So here's my request, make Lina playable! She would be able to float in the sky just like peach in Mario 2. She could also stand on top of non-spiked enemies and pick them up to throw at other enemies, as well as crouch to charge up a super jump. Instead of hitting blocks from below, she could pull coins out of the top of the blocks, similar to pulling up vegetables. Rather than power-ups, she could pull vegetables, bombs and POW blocks out of item boxes.

(Thanks to Powerstars for posting this picture and giving me the idea):
    I would now much rather have her in the game than even Toad. Toad on the other hand could actually be a great skin for her, and when he flies it could be on a magic carpet from the game. I'm sure most other people would prefer toad over Lina, but Lina's floating makes her perhaps the most unique of the Mario 2/Doki Doki Panic characters!

Video:

2. Powerstars

Powerstars Level 3: Paratroopa

If we're gonna have Lina, couldn't Peach at least be an alternate costume?
    I, on one hand, think Toad should be his own playable character, with his physics from Mario 2.

3. silentshadowxp

I used to think that too, but with skins now in the game, I'd much rather have Lina since she was far more unique.

And yeah, Peach could be a skin for her, but I feel like the main character herself should be Lina. Peach saving herself from a castle is just... odd...

4. Powerstars

Yeah, I agree with the Pech part, but still think Toad should be a seperate character, as he couldn't fly in Mario 2. I do like the idea of Lina more, as Luigi and Peach were my favorite characters in Mario 2.

5. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Lina doesn't have much sprites...

6. silentshadowxp

She has just as many as Peach, maybe not on that sprite sheet, but I'm sure there's a better one out there.

Edit: Actually, that one seems about right. There weren't many sprites needed for that game.

7. Powerstars

Yeah, I'm sure we can find another one!

8. silentshadowxp

Added a youtube video to the main post for good measure ;)

9. Nat

hmm...
    this may turn out good with some custom sprites.
    Also I got the idea of a "Mama" Luigi skin.

10. Powerstars

I think I'm gonna get started on a portrait!

11. Nat

Yeah me too.

12. silentshadowxp

Mamma Luigi? XD

Custom sprites probably aren't needed. I'm not suggesting a Lina skin, but rather a completely original character.

13. Nat

Oh BTW I'd prefer Lina to Imajin (toad) any day.:D

silentshadowxp likes this.
  14. Powerstars

Actually, if you want, you can do the portrait, as I'm lazy right now :D

15. Nat

I mean Doki Doki panic Mama. And by custom sprites, i mean portraits and stuff like that.

16. Nat

Lol

17. silentshadowxp

I know what you meant, I was just being funny :p
    Also, since this isn't a Luigi thread, I think Mama skin talk should go in a Luigi thread.

18. Nat

I just thought i'd mention it cause we are talking about doki doki panic characters.

19. silentshadowxp

I know, I just wanted to make sure the thread didn't get too off topic ;)

20. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

I don't know. Maybe she could go as a skin if peach gets in the game as a playable character.
    LOL, Brazilian video!