Request Double arrow tap dashing for Bass

Discussion in 'Features' started by French rocks, Apr 12, 2012.

?

Does this feature should be enabled?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. I don't care much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

I've been playing Mega Man X, and i've been asking myself: «Why not enable dashing by taping twice the arrow button for Bass?». I'd like to see that because it's kind of difficult to jump after dashing when you play as Bass, and it would be cool to have that.

uglyrodent likes this.
  2. BassWins

BassWins Level 6: Lakitu

How is it difficult? Besides, that isn't how Bass works in MM10.

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. Nitron_ZX

Nitron_ZX Level 5: Spiny

It could be a nice thing to add, albeit not neccesary. it would make it easier to dash jump, but it's not exactly hard now. He indeed does not do so in MM10, probably because of the down-A thing. though the gameboy megaman X titles do allow the tap-dash...

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

No way, my controller sucks and I would be doing this right off ledges and into pits every time. Down + Jump is good enough.

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Ugh, no. This is always incredibly awkward . . . except in Kirby. And that's an entirely different kind of dash.
    To see what I mean, play the SNES version of Mega Man & Bass (Dash button), and then the GBA version (double-tap dash). One of them is far more playable than the other.

6. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

There are two official ways that Dash can Bass.

I don't see why, if we have options to let Simon fall off ledges a certain way, that we can't have options to let Bass dash a certainn way.

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  7. Nemephosis

If it is an option, and something we can choose from, then I don't see why not. If it's going to be the new default, it's a shitty thing to implement.

8. BassWins

If its added at all I think it needs to be a cheat(Like Rockman & Forte mode or something).

9. TheomanZero

Three, actually -- button (SNES Mega Man & Bass), double tap (GBA Mega Man & Bass), and Down + Jump (Mega Man 10).

10. BassWins

And IIRC you don't have to let go of down to dash-jump in MM10(Same as in SMBC) if that why you think it is hard to dash jump.

11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I don't think faulty equipment on your end is an actual reason not to include a feature. Besides, you wouldn't HAVE to double tap; the double tap is usually a second way to dash, not the only one.

12. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

The problem with a double tap is that it causes accidental dashing at times. If you're trying to nudge yourself near an edge to make a jump, for example, it can very easily cause you to accidentally dash and go flying off of the edge and die.

I would support an option for double tapping to dash, but I would not appreciate it as the default, especially since the 8-bit style Bass from MM10 did not have double tap dashing.

13. Nemephosis

What do I do when I need to quickly do that "shuffle step" thing Mega Man and Bass do?

What is wrong with the way it is done now?

edit: Yeah, what sbq92 said... lol

14. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

You can find problems with everything, it's a matter of preference.

Have you ever tried manipulating Hard Knuckle while going fast?

uglyrodent likes this.
  15. TheomanZero

Exactly. I support adding alternate controls if they don't interfere with the current control scheme, but this does interfere.
    Also, I think the best way to make it easier to Dash Jump is to give Bass a Dash Button -- further reading here:
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/forum/threads/controls-cycle-left-right-buttons.14874/

Crownjo likes this.
  16. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

Guys, Mega Man 10 isn't Mega Man X. Mega Man X is for SNES, and Mega Man 10 is for Wii/Xbox360. After looking at all of the posts, I think it should be better as an option or a cheat since so much people are looking like hating it.

17. BassWins

And PS3.

18. Nemephosis

Yes, that is doable. It's a little tough, but it can be done.

19. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

:rolleyes:

20. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

On the Zero series there is a toggle for that.