Duck

Discussion in 'Characters' started by SANIC TIME, Jan 18, 2015.

?

Duck for SMC??

1. yes

41.7%
  2. no

50.0%
  3. meh.

8.3%
  1. SANIC TIME

SANIC TIME Level 1: Goomba

DUCK FOR MARIO CROSSOVER!

the Duck Hunt Ducks would ROCK! they could fly! now you may say it makes it easy, but what about when paratroopas, lakitu and hammer bros get involved? that'd be hard! they could collect feathers to make them faster! they can't attack and no matter what powerup, they die in one hit unless there is a star. oh and there could be dog picking up duck when duck dies and dog laughing when duck reaches goal.

2. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

super mario *bros crossover

狂人さん and Faruga like this.
  3. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

Personally I'm not too sure about this idea. Now if we got the Duck Hunt DOG, perhaps as a skin, that's a different story.

Faruga likes this.
  4. SANIC TIME

but Duck Hunt Dog was never playable except for in Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U. *not cannon*

5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yeah, and neither was Zelda.

BBQTurkeyzZ, Faruga and DarkBowser007 like this.
  6. DarkBowser007

duck hunt has a canon?

BBQTurkeyzZ, 狂人さん and Faruga like this.
  7. StormWarrior

StormWarrior Level 0: Newbie

I totally love the idea. We could have duck, unable to attack, but instead of power-ups we could get extra lives, or with power-ups we can shoot those clay pigeons or whatever. When the duck dies the dog lifts it up and when the duck finishes a level the dog laughs. (Basically the same as SANIC TIME)

duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png duck hunt dawg.png

8. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

the ducks were never playable either except for smash bros and that second player thingy

Mitewing and DarkBowser007 like this.
  9. SANIC TIME

you just pointed out the flaw in your argument. there are more video game characters that arn't in smbc than kirby and sonic y'know.

10. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

But Duck Hunt is hardly as popular, and doesn't translate well to a sidescrolling platformer.

Faruga and DarkBowser007 like this.
  11. SANIC TIME

yeah, but duck hunt is more popular than blaster master.

12. Faruga

Patron

I am fully aware of that.

Also I consider the player 2 thing either debug code that they forgot to take out or an easter egg. I don't know if there's an official word on it, but I wouldn't really call it canon.
    yeah, but duck hunt doesn't translate well to a sidescrolling platformer.
    As far as I know, none of the characters in Duck Hunt did anything in Duck Hunt that they did in Smash Bros. As for copying Smash Bros, I don't really feel it's that good of an idea to take a character and base everything it does off a non-canon (if there even is a canon) game.

BBQTurkeyzZ and Mitewing like this.
  13. statoshi

statoshi Level 2: Koopa

you should be able to play as the shooting guy from duck hunt the screen constantly moves right and you get hurt when you don't shoot a monster you shoot coins too collect them and break blocks to beat bowser you have to shoot him 5 times without him leaving the screen mushrooms allows you to summon the dog once and the fire flower lets you rapid fire and the power star lets you launch a nuke i know most of this wasn't in duck hunt but he has to do something

14. DarkBowser007

Ooh, that'd be a good Bill skin probably...if we knew what the guy shooting looked like (presumably, he's actually the player).

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  15. Faruga

Patron

How about...
    a floating NES Zapper as a Bill skin?

Rey D and DarkBowser007 like this.
  16. statoshi

no i mean it actually looks like your playing duck hunt with all the features i mentioned

17. Faruga

Patron

So it's some sort of 2D on-rail shooter?
    Interesting.

18. statoshi

actually yes

Faruga likes this.
  19. Faruga

Patron

Someone should make that into an actual thing, even if not in SMBC. Heck, maybe it already exists and I don't know about it.

20. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

I remember there being a MUGEN minigame with Duck Hunt and Mario-themed levels, but that was years ago.

Faruga likes this.