Request Enable the ability for a different Map and Enemy Skin to be usable for each World

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I think this option would be an awesome way to expand the possibilities for Skin Sets. It would be completely optional. For example, one could make a skin set based on a Mega Man game. Each world would end with a different Robot Master to fight and the Map Skins would be based on a specific Robot Master in each world. I don't know how difficult it would be to program, but I would think it would be similar to how each world can have a different theme too.

2. Mr.Giang

Mr.Giang Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Wait, fighting against a Robot Master without a health bar is impossible!

3. Mitewing

Nothing is impossible when using skins!

French rocks likes this.
  4. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

Sounds intersting, it could be an option along with all characters, single character, survival, etc. It could be called «Mega Man Mod».

5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

?
    It's like, skin sets, right?
    with more levels and enemies, that is.

Mitewing likes this.
  6. Mitewing

It's not a mod or mode. I just used Mega Man as an example. It would allow more than one map/enemy skin to be used per world allowing more variety.

7. Mr.Giang

It's still impossible. Don't get me wrong but I really like your idea, except fighting against the Robot Masters. It's impossible without a health bar while the health bar is necessary for the boss. Think about it, even Metal Man can kill you with only 1 (No mushroom and Bill) or 2 Metal Blades (Mushroom), and he is the easiest boss in entire Megaman series!

8. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Except for the fact that in this case, Metal Man would just be a skin of Bowser.

9. Mr.Giang

That means it's a skin, right? Sorry, I misunderstood it.

10. Mitewing

Yes. I'm just talking about skins.

11. Mr.Giang

Sorry, since English is not my native language, sometimes it's hard to understand what you are talking about

12. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I like the thought here, but I think it defeats the purpose of the map/theme combos (enemy skins are already separate though). The point of the map is to unify certain key elements across multiple themes, much like they would be in a game, so making it separate would kind of go against that.

I still like the idea...I just don't think it fits with what their supposed to be.

Rey D likes this.
  13. Fez

Fez Level 2: Koopa

I thought that alien thing from MM2 is the easiest boss...
    Anyways, I like this idea. I don't want to have to swap skins every world through the pause menu, so this streamlines the process somewhat.

14. Mitewing

This would allow more customization. Since themes can be changed per world, why not enemies? Another idea is to expand the skins menu to allow what enemy skin is selected per world.

15. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Only if you know that it's only vulnerable to Bubble Lead.

16. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Technically, themes don't change every world, but rather they are assigned to the various level types, and then there are world and area override options. In order to allow for the same sort of thing with enemies and map skins, they would need to be laid out like the themes are--in a large sheet with multiple versions of everything--and then they would need to be assigned to level types, worlds, and areas, in the same way as the themes. This would actually make it harder to switch the enemy skin mid-game, since the enemies would now be tied to the level types, worlds, and areas.

This is an interesting idea, but as it is right now, the system isn't set up to support it, and it would probably take some work to get it set up to be able to.

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.