Considering Endless Attack

Discussion in 'Features' started by Faruga, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I loved this mode in Mega Man 10, even though I'm so bad at it (compared to the rest of the Internet). In a way, Balloon Fighter had an Endless mode as well (the Balloon Trip), but the fact that everything after the first part is randomized makes it very difficult. Now, in MM9/10, there were several segments (often resembling areas from previous Mega Man games) with teleporters at the start and finish. The order in which they appeared was randomized. They also both had absolutely brilliant music.

sbq92 likes this.
  2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

So this is some "Survive-the-randomly-selected-levels-as-long-as-possible" mode ?

3. Faruga

Patron

Yeah. Pretty much.

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

You didn't say so explicitly, but given that this is in the "features" sub-forum, I'm going to assume you're requesting such a feature be added to SMBC. Well, I wholeheartedly support this! :D

I think the sections for it should be short, customized sections that resemble parts of SMB stages, but aren't actually the stages themselves. Then, every so many screens you come to a castle section in which you have to pass a Bowser, and there could be a variety of Bowser encounters, each based on the different Bowser encounters from SMBC (e.g., 2-4 with the line of bricks, 4-4 with the big open space).

This could be a lot of fun! :D

Faruga and Rey D like this.
  5. Faruga

Patron

You're going to be correct. I love your ideas.

Rey D and sbq92 like this.
  6. sbq92

Two additional ideas:
    • The Bowsers get harder and harder with each encounter. So, the first several simply breathe fire, then the next several throw hammers, then after a while they all both breathe fire and throw hammers (like the 8-4 Bowser).
    • Each character (or skin) has a single unique endless attack music that isn't used elsewhere. So, Mega Man could have the MM9 Endless Attack theme, while Bass could have the MM10 Endless Attack theme, and Proto Man could have an unused Wily stage theme as his endless attack theme.

7. Faruga

Patron

You know, Bass actually already uses his Endless theme already. Not like we can't reuse it...
    We need some music that has the... the style of Capcom's Endless songs.

8. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

So, this is like Random Level Order request but Endless? This feels cool. It's a start to more Random modes on SMBC. :)

9. sbq92

It would ideally be randomized segments of levels, rather than just some levels tied together randomly. :)

TiagoDu likes this.
  10. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

This gets my support. Also, I had mentioned in a previous thread that something like this seems more fitting to the title of "Surival Mode", and the survival mode currently in SMBC is probably more appropriate to call "Team Battle Mode" or "Team Elimination Mode"

11. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Even Better :D