Enemy Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Whoops i'll get rid of those pixels. And Kid Icarus is a NES game.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I was wondering because the grey monster's colors are way too dark to belong to a NES palette. The castle goombas use the grey palette right, but I'm not sure Kid Icarus has it.

3. Nat

Though it is a recolor, I'm pretty sure the colors are in the palette.:star:

4. Rey D

Patron

→ May you show me where in Kid Icarus (or any NES game) you've seen that palette? I'm curious about it.

5. Nat

I swear i've seen it in one game, so i'll have a look and tell you. If the colors arn't in any nes games, i'll replace the colors, okay?

6. Thunder Wing

Thunder Wing Level 2: Koopa
    Patron

This is how Hammer Bros looked like in SMW

[​IMG]

7. Rey D

Patron

→ Sounds alright to me. :) (in fact, if that palette existed, it would help me A LOT in spriting (maybe not THAT much))

8. Nat

@Rey D: The lighter grey is definitly in the palette but im still wondering if the blackish grey is. cv3.png

9. Rey D

Patron

→ Yeah I knew about that, they grey shades on that Castlevania III picture are the same as castle tiles or castle goombas in SMB.

10. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

sbq92 likes this.
  11. Nat

:bassdash:The blackish grey is not part of the palette, so when i edit to get rid of the lonely pixels, i'll recolor it, k?

Thanks for posting the palette by the way.

12. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Awesome! :awesome:

One of things I've always found strange about the NES palette is that several of the color indexes don't quite line up with normal hex color convention. That is, usually each of the RGB color values are divisible by 8 (as is seen in the 16-bit games), but several of the values are 4 higher, so instead of something like 248|248|248, it's 252|252|252. Not all of them are like this, but several are. It's not a big deal, it's just strange.

13. SketchMan3

SketchMan3 Level 3: Paratroopa

Yeah. But that just gives the games a unique look. I much prefer the NES palette to the colors that are generally used in RGB based games. It's bright, but not glaringly bright.

sbq92 likes this.
  14. Nat

kid icarus smbc skin - enemies.png

I got rid of the lonely pixels and recolored the dark monster.:bassdash:

15. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Weren't the piranha plants taller than that? If they're too short it will cause issues with hit boxes.

16. Nat

Well I cant enlarge it (since it will look blurry) and there is nothing else in kid icarus that fairly resembles the piranha plants. I could edit the sprites to look better, but like you said, there is quite a bit of custom sprites in the sheet.:pp: :ppr:

So... I don't know what to do about the piranha plants.

17. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Perhaps add something to the bottom of them to make them taller? Like the stems the piranha plants have?

18. Nat

K then i'll get to work on doin that.:p

By the way i was thinking the same thing.:bassshootR:

19. Rey D

Patron

→ Please avoid double-posting. when you want to add an idea or something, please use the edit button. Thanks. :)

20. Nat

Sorry 'bout that. :p :bassdash: