Enemy Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Koopas yes, Lost Levels piranha's not so much.

2. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I would agree on the piranha plants, but even they wouldn't necessarily need a major distinguishing feature. You're normally being cautious when it comes to piranha plants anyway, so as long as there is a relatively clear marker on them, you should be fine. :)

3. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, they would probably be darker than normal ones.

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Actually, I was looking at some Rockman 8 FC sheets, and I was reminded that green chomper things actually exist! So, we have gold and we have green. Two colors that work just fine. :)

Also, Zach had an awesome idea for the Mets: two different Met styles, or, by extension of that idea, two different enemies. There's no rule stating that in the skin they have to be the exact same enemy. They both show up on the sheet, so they aren't just a palette swap. Technically, the green and red Koopas are two different enemies, so why not utilize this and make them two different Mets (or whatever enemies from whatever game you're skinning)? :D

ChozoBoy likes this.
  5. 1337star

1337star Level 2: Koopa

[​IMG]

I think this is a fun idea if someone wants to finish it up; making the custom enemies is beyond me. And, to clarify, they should be the original enemies sprited as if they were in Link's Awakening, not Zelda enemies as replacements.

If it's not too complicated, that is.

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I like the concept, but I personally will be waiting for something before doing that.

7. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

I was thinking about making some Ocarina of Time Zelda enemies to go with my skin for Link. It'd be a long process, but I'm willing to give it a try. I made a reskin of Alucard from Symphony of The Night to make him look like Ganondorf. What do you guys think? Should I use it, or just make my own custom sprites?
    Ganondorf.png

8. silentshadowxp

Holy crap that's awesome!

9. nickreaper

Thanks, so I'll take that as a yes? So why don't you like my last post...come on...do it...you know you want to...If you don't I'll upward thrust into the sun and die!-No I really don't care, honestly.

10. silentshadowxp

You don't get likes by asking for them! I should hunt down something I have liked of yours and unlike it for that! :p

Oh and speaking of your OoT Link, did you submit it to the wiki yet?

11. nickreaper

Do what now?

12. silentshadowxp

Here ya go. If you have trouble with it (because it can be a bit confusing to work with) just let me know and I'll put it on there for you.

13. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

The metroid skins are really nice man, good job (the others too don't worry, it's only that this one more attracted me :p)!

14. nickreaper

Okay, I think I did it right...

silentshadowxp likes this.
  15. Rey D

Patron

→ You didn't really need to quote the WHOLE thing to say this, right? Or at least, you could put spoiler tags in order to considerably shorten the quote.

EDIT:
    → You did. :)

16. nickreaper

Should I post my Wario skin and the Old Man skin?

17. Rey D

Patron

→ That's up to you. If you feel like they'd be cool in the game, then go ahead! :)

18. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

This is my first post.That will be also my first (enemy too) skin.That will be on syobon action.

(Sorry for my bad english.I am a french canadian,and that can be difficult to write perfectly in english.)

19. silentshadowxp

If I'm interpreting this correctly, you are suggesting a skin of this game, correct? Or are you letting us know that you are going to make a skin of it?

20. Rey D

Patron

→ Mega cool stuff! I can't wait to see your work! :D

Welcome to the forums! :D
    → ... I might need you hehehe... >:)