Enemy Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. MarioSonic3003

MarioSonic3003 Level 1: Goomba

only one thing needs to be added. Motobugs.

2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I don't know where you got that, but this is the correct sheet:
    SMAS SMB3 Enemies.png

3. Edwin0080

Edwin0080 Level 5: Spiny

thanks friend this was the correct
    already modified and is now in the wiki Mario_3_Alt_Enemies SNES.png

Alkerion likes this.
  4. TheomanZero

This is supposed to be SMB3 enemies, right? So why does it have Thwimps?

Faruga, MissingNo2 and huang17 like this.
  5. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

He used the SMA4 version.

Dimpsy and Faruga like this.
  6. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

OK, I've been in a bit of hiatus about the MVM enemies but, with 3.0 finally out, I had ideas about the new enemies:

Sidesteppers: Replace "angry" with "battle damaged" (Missing parts, bumps, etc).
    Fighter Flies: Replace wings with jetpack.
    Fire: Keep unchanged.
    Barrel: Replace with buzzsaws or spiky balls.
    Icicle: Replace with big metallic spike.

7. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Woah woah woah, you aren't going to credit me whatsoever for that? That's clearly a 16-bit version of MY skin. You just copied and pasted 16-bit sprites over the ones I already ha in place. I made that thing back in March 2012, don't you even try taking full credit for that!
    [​IMG]

Edit: And you write on the wiki that it was your idea? You're completely full of it!

Nat, Mitewing, MissingNo2 and 4 others like this.
  8. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Okay, make sure the wiki page is edited to give proper credits

Dimpsy likes this.
  9. Mariofan5000

Wario_bike.png
    Enemy skin based on the "Wario Bike" souvenir in Wario Ware: Twisted.

Develon likes this.
  10. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

mvmsmbc.png
    Okay, MVM update with the new enemies. I need to do the Icicle and probably redo the Spiky Ball and Sidestepper.

Dimpsy likes this.
  11. Edwin0080

These are the enemies of Super Mario Bros 1 16-bit style recolorados but idk if it on the wiki Enemy_000.png

12. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Allstars.
    It exists.

Mitewing likes this.
  13. Mariofan5000

I can't keep my mouth shut any longer. edwin zarate ponciano should really try to make his own sprites, or use oficial ones instead of using every custom sheet he comes across. BTW that sheet while it does look cool, it's unnecessary.

14. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

I also can't stand the fact that he barely credits the authors of the sprites when he uses them. (unless told by lecture)
    EDIT:
    pic.png
    I'm sorry,

Time to rip my eyes out again.

15. TheomanZero

As far as I can tell, the only difference is that Bowser doesn't have hair, which certainly isn't enough to justify a separate enemy skin.
    ezp, I know you don't speak English very well, but this is called intellectual property theft and it's pure evil.

Mitewing likes this.
  16. Edwin0080

I do give credit to the authors or creators of the sprite look at my skin enemy of Luigi Mansion wiki I have
    Not given credit to others that do not say

17. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Time to try and breach the language barrier...

EZP, when you say things in the credits like "custom sprites" or "original sprites", that refers to content you, yourself made. You most certainly did not make those sprites, so saying that you did is, as Theoman said, pure evil. When all you do is put the sprites on the sheet, that's called "compilation".

Theoman, you didn't do anything wrong or anything, but as you noted he isn't great with English; please try and be mindful that in instances like this he may only be using the wrong words, and doesn't mean to steal credit. Again, no foul on your part, but in the future try and make sure of what he (and anyone else who isn't fluent in English) meant to say before accusing him of "pure evil".

18. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Actually, it could easily be a part of that old 16-bit reshaded SMB map skin I was working on who knows how long ago.

Nat likes this.
  19. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Without knowing whether this is stolen or original, it's pretty cool. Pretty much all of the sprites are different, even if only in subtle ways. I think it's existence is fairly justified: it's one kind of creativity, could function as practice in coloring.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  20. TheomanZero

After comparing it with the SMAS SMB sheet side-by-side, I did notice more differences besides just Bowser's hair. However, for the most part the reshades seem to be inferior (less expressive eyes on Spinies and Buzzy Beetles, less detailed hammers, missing teeth and lips on the Piranha Plants, less texture on the Bloopers' tentacles, no rotation on sliding shells, missing effects). So while it may be interesting as an exercise, I still don't think it's worth putting in the game when we already have the SMAS SMB sheet because it's pretty much just that with stuff missing.

Scorpion42 likes this.