Enemy Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Novak

Novak Level 0: Newbie

2. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I made an update to my old Yoshi's Island enemy skin! This skin was the entire reason that I decided to make a whole skin set. The enemies from this game were just so awesome! They had a lot of charm.
    Yoshi\'s_Island_Enemies.png

3. Goomba98

Goomba98 Level 3: Paratroopa

Why don't the Baseball Boys have a throwing animation?

uglyrodent and ThomasMink like this.
  4. Edwin0080

Edwin0080 Level 5: Spiny

The Children What are:eek:

5. silentshadowxp

Yoshi\'s_Island_Enemies.png

Updated throwing animation.

Nat, Alkerion, AGameReviewer and 3 others like this.
  6. Goomba98

Goomba98 Level 3: Paratroopa

I believe they actually throw with their gloved hand, but that's good.

7. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Well, the mitt is for catching the ball. That's what it is in real baseball anyways.

8. silentshadowxp

That's the best I can do with the skin template. Any other sprite would have ended up too big.

ThomasMink and Nat like this.
  9. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Actually, when looking at the sprites, it looks like they go through an entire windup and throw animation (using the non-gloved hand) kinda like pitchers in baseball.
    I got to see those sprites quite a bit because they were on a sheet I used previously.

10. silentshadowxp

They do. That's also part of the reason I used the sprites I did. It wouldn't look right losing majority of the sprites, so I chose the one that looked most like the Hammer Bros throw.

ThomasMink and Mitewing like this.
  11. silentshadowxp

Sorry for the double post, but this concerns something new. Or at least a new update to something I did a while back. I took my old Pokemon skin, updated the Special enemies, and I made this second version using the old GBC colors for all the Pokemon.

Pokemon_Enemy_Skin V2.png

This was a skin set that I decided I wanted to try working on after Yoshi's Island, but I'm not sure how much further I want to go with it. Originally, it seemed like an awesome idea and I love the way the enemies turned out, but the theme skin is turning out far too bland to really make me want to finish it. I'll post the progress on that in the theme skins thread if anyone is interested.

12. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I recommend the angry sidestepper be Kingler, if he fits.

13. silentshadowxp

I think I tried that, but I think one of his claws was too big...

uglyrodent likes this.
  14. silentshadowxp

Updated arcade enemies!
    Arcade Enemies.png

15. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

I think it's a good idea. I also think it was already done, but I think I should 16-bitize it. Thoughts?

16. silentshadowxp

It was already done... by me... this is an update to it since special came out and already included several enemies that I had added to it.

Mitewing likes this.
  17. Mariofan5000

I'm going to do the 16-bit version anyway. Sorry for misunderstanding, but you should of at least said it's an update.

18. silentshadowxp

I've edited my post to clarify that it was an update. I just figured people would know the original on the wiki was made by me.

Also, how are you going to go about making a 16-bit version? Are you going to use the same stuff I did? If so, you'll need to note that there are no 16-bit sprites for things from DK Jr or DK3, so you'll have to either replace those or make custom 16-bit versions.

19. Mariofan5000

OK.
    For Donkey Kong → Classic Kong
    For Donkey Kong Jr. → Custom
    For Donkey Kong 3 → Custom again
    For Mario Bros. → Mario Bros. Classic from the Super Mario Advance series/Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
    Shellcreepers are semi-custom (the roms include an unused shell sprite which I used to base the shellcreeper itself)
    For Wrecking Crew → (partially) playable appearances from Wrecking Crew '98.
    NOTE: I changed the blue Trouble Bug (Spike Top) to the old Trouble Bug of Classic Kong (wider than the complete version) as well as DK's blue barrel to the springs which he throws on 75m because it makes more sense. I changed the Spinies Egg, as well as replacing the firebar segments with the Wrecking Crew fireball, recolored. (Awkward wording, isn't it?)
    Arcade Enemies SNES.png

Develon, Mitewing and silentshadowxp like this.
  20. silentshadowxp