Enemy Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

The only condition:can someone can do me the transparency please?

If yes,tommorow the skin will be there.:)

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Of course! ^^ Just make the background color obvious, like a flashy pink or flashy green? Or flashy red? Or at least something outstanding from sprites. :)

3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah, what Rey said: make it some really obvious color that definitely is not anywhere else on the sheet. If you post it, I'm all about adding transparency to skins so Ryuza doesn't have to, so I'll add it for you.

4. coolman

Here is the skin:
    SMBC syobon.PNG
    The sprite were too big,that mean lot of custom sprite.I thinks it is good.The omly that can be redo by everybody,it is the lakitu,spiny egg and bowser flame.

Rey D, silentshadowxp and sbq92 like this.
  5. uglyrodent

Transparency achieved.

Attached Files:

Rey D likes this.
  6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Weird choices for the Hammer Bro, Bullet Bill and Bloober.
    The Piranha Plants are ok.

7. coolman

If you have idea for replacement of this three thing(hammer bro,bullet bill and blooper)give me sprite and I will begin replacement.

8. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Here is my SMB3 SNES enemy skin.
    Enemy_Skin_Template.png
    It is very nearly complete.

Faruga, ThomasMink, Mitewing and 2 others like this.
  9. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Some of them aren't SMB3 styled...

10. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

That's why he said it's nearly complete ;)

11. 1337star

1337star Level 2: Koopa

So, when I said I wasn't going to finish this, I apparently lied.

[​IMG]

Sort of a cross between Link's Awakening and the current Super Mario Land 2 skin for the enemies that didn't exist in the former.

• Goomba, Buzzy Beetle, Spiny, Cheep Cheep, Piranha Plant, Blooper, and Podoboo directly taken from LA.
    • Koopa (for the most part, see below), Spike Top, Hammer Bro., Bullet Bill, and flame effects taken directly from the SML2 sheet, just recolored.
    • Lakitu is from the SML2 sheet, but slightly altered to be similar to the Lakitus from The Minish Cap. Thus the little hairs on the top of its head and no face on cloud.
    • Paratroopa's wings are the wings from the flying item...thingies from LA.
    • Koopa's head in the second part of the animation is from a different SML2 sheet I was using before the official ones were put up. I liked it though, so I kept it.
    • Bowser is from the Super Mario Bros. sheet, recolored as if the final Nightmare was taking on his appearance. Also, sprite is messed up a bit 'cause I accidentally deleted some of it when transferring it, but I decided to leave it as is 'cause I kinda like the demonic, warped feel it gives.
    • Hammer is custom based off the Hammer from A Link to the Past, and Buzzy Beetle in shell is very simple custom sprite work (just copied the shell of it and added that bottom bit).
    • And, yes, the Buzzy Beetle is supposed to kinda slide with no real animation. Mostly because of laziness. Shouldn't look that bad, though.
    Credit goes to Nintendo (obviously), whoever made the SML2 and Super Mario Bros. sheets on the wiki, Bruce Juice from Spiriter's Resource for the LA sprites, A.J. Nitro from Spriter's Resource for the Koopa head (as well as the SML2sheet in general that I was using before the official one, but I'm pretty sure the head is all that's left of that), and, most importantly, NOT to me. I don't want credit when all I did is take other people's work, arrange it on the sheet, and do a few very simple custom sprites.

EDIT: And I see those little floating pixels in the Bowser area now; I remove them in a bit. I think they are all gone now.

12. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I think it looks awesome! :D

You deserve at the very least to be credited as the one who compiled the sheet. The fact that you did some sprite editing (no matter how little) also deserves crediting. Also, by contributing to SMBC, you deserve credit. Don't sell yourself short. :)

It is good that you recognize the important role others played in your final product, though. :)

13. silentshadowxp

I love that we're able to contribute. It makes me feel like I'm a part of the game making process, however little and unofficial that may be.

sbq92 likes this.
  14. coolman

SMBC GnG.PNG
    There the ghost 'n goblins ennemy skin.

This is not my best skin and it was very difficult.

15. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Not bad!

16. coolman

Thanks.The skin was very difficult because the sprite are big and the template are small.

17. coolman

Sorry for DP,but someone can do for me the transparency of this GnG enemy sheet please.

18. silentshadowxp

Here's your transparency.
    GnG Enemy Skin.png

19. coolman

Thanks man.I will now post it on the wiki.

Mitewing and silentshadowxp like this.
  20. uglyrodent

Sorry dude but you left the animation guides in (the little purple dots that go into the boxes from the outline). So I deleted them.

Attached Files:

Mitewing and Rey D like this.