Enemy Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Awesome GnG skins. Looking forward to Map/Theme skins. Both 8bit and 16bit. :)

2. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Why does everybody like my post from where I did the transparency for coolman? It's his post you should be liking!

3. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

Me,I like your post because you do the transparency for me,but the other,I don't know.They maybe thinks you made the skin.

4. Mitewing

I liked them both. :)

coolman and silentshadowxp like this.
  5. silentshadowxp

I edited my post just in case. I believe in credit going to those who deserve it ;)

6. Mitewing

GnG has such an iconic look and feel that I hope these skins would cause Jay to decide to add Arthur into the game.

coolman likes this.
  7. coolman

If not,we maby will have the skin of arthur for simon.

Mitewing likes this.
  8. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Can I do something for it?

9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ "He did the transparency! That was gentle! *likes*"

10. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Uh.. Yeah I guess

11. coolman

There my new ennemy skin,the SMB2 ennemy skin:

SMBC SMB2.PNG

TheomanZero, Mitewing, sbq92 and 2 others like this.
  12. silentshadowxp

Would you be open to a few suggestions? It's awesome so far by the way!

13. coolman

Yes.But before,the pidgit flying carpet and the albatoss don't enter in the lakitu's place.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  14. silentshadowxp

*pulls out my bookmarked list of enemies*

- Since green koopas are the bouncy ones, they'd be perfect to put tweeter on. You could also raise and lower his walking sprites a couple pixels to make him look like he does little hops after he can't fly anymore.

- If you turn the fish sideways, they'd fit better as the Cheep Cheeps, and Phanto (the mask) would fit better as blooper since they follow you. However, PLEASE keep the third Cheep Cheep as Phanto, because those are the ones from the bridge, and that would be EPIC!

- I'd suggest Pokey in place of spiny instead of bob-omb. And then move bob-omb to buzzy beetle (since you already have several sniffits).

Otherwise it's great! I really LOVE where you put Birdo, and I'm glad to see you remembered Wart's bubbles!

Mitewing likes this.
  15. coolman

There is the V2:
    SMBC SMB2.PNG
    All the wanted modification is do.Need transparency,and I'll post it to the wiki.

16. silentshadowxp

I'll get right on that! Wait for me to edit my post.

Edit:
    Mario 2 enemies.png

Mitewing and coolman like this.
  17. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Yesh, Sum1 did smb2!
    I might go finish my map skin then.
    :awesome:

coolman and Mitewing like this.
  18. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This looks awesome, and I know you've submitted it already, but I felt the need to make some comments (it can very easily be resubmitted if necessary). :)

1) I love the idea of flying Phantos. They could easily be the normal white/red, though, since there's no need to distinguish them from anything else in 2-3/7-3/8-4. :)

2) I'm not sure Snifits are the best choice for a Koopa Troopa, since Koopas don't shoot. My main point here, though, is that using Beezos as the winged Snifits doesn't really make sense for two reasons. First, losing their wings they shouldn't become an enemy they don't already look like. Second, you're using a Beezo as Lakitu. I'd recommend using a different colored Tweeter, perhaps using a green mask for the green Koopas and the red mask for the red Koopas.

3) The bombs will look really weird in-game (I just tried it in a mock-up picture). Those are the fireballs that make up the fire bars. I'd recommend coming up with something else.

4) The shells as Bullet Bills isn't bad, but it's a little odd, since they'll be flying through the air rather than along the ground. You could use the same fire you're using for the Podoboos and use it as horizontal shots as well, since that's how it does appear in SMB2.

5a) Very small thing, there are two frames for Pokey's body that you could be using. :)

5b) An alternative idea (which you don't have to use) would be to have the Porcupo enemy as the Spiny and the little Spark enemy as the Spike Top. Just a thought, though. The way you have it does work just fine, though. :)

6) One final small thing: there are two different frames of animation for Wart's bubbles you could be using, and you could just drop out the third frame. :)

Overall, your sheet is very good. These are just my suggestions on ways I think you could potentially improve it. Do what you like with them. :)

19. coolman

1)I will do it.Not very difficult to do.
    2)I will do it to.But contrary,the red as green(Basic form in SMB2)and the green as red.
    3)I will try something.The big fire boss in SMB2 divide in small version of himself.
    4)I will do it.Not very difficult to do.
    5a)That correct right now,i will not do that.
    5b)That correct right now,i will not do that.
    6)I will try it

Someone have to do one more the transparency.

sbq92 likes this.
  20. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Those might also be a bit big, but give it a try. :)

Actually, if you look at the boxes that have Pokey's "body" (below his face), they aren't animated in your sheet, but they could be. One of them basically just needs to be flipped horizontally. :)

I can do it. :)