Enemy Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

I will repeat it:need transparency.

If you have suggestion on hte kirby super star SNES,write them before the transparency.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Should change the Piranha Plants. Whenever I see these cyclope things, I run away.

silentshadowxp likes this.
  3. coolman

You have idea for the piranha plant?

4. Rey D

Patron

Well in fact,
    • Those wheel things as Buzzy Beetles? But they don't chase you as 80 miles per hour.
    • Those cutter things as Spinies? But they don't throw cutters toward you.
    • With eyes opens as one of the sprites for Spiny Eggs, the rock thing will open-close-open-close eyes as they fall.
    • I think something should be done to distinguish the 2 types of Cheap Cheeps.
    • That thing as Lakitu. What is it? Doesn't look like something that chase you around, throwing... rocks.
    • It's good that they walk, but those fly things shouldn't have wings if they walk. And something should be done to distinguish red and green koopas.
    • Canon balls as Bullet Bills? But they don't look like you can stomp on them.
    • Placing those jumping sprites of DeeDeeDee will make the animation look awkward, except if you happen to know that these are jumping sprites for Bowser.
    EDIT: By the way I haven't played that game so don't ask me for ideas.

5. coolman

1)Yes,but...
    2)They have cutter on their head.
    3)I will arrange that.
    4)What is the difference in the two model of cheep cheep?
    5)Ennemy in kirby,shoot red bullet at you regulary.
    6)If the original sprite has wing,he will have WINGS.
    7)Only thing that shoot of cannon in kirby.
    8)I studied the template and I know when he jump.

I think that answered all your question.

Rey D likes this.
  6. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Here's something I've been working on the past couple of days. It's essentially enemies who aren't already in enemy skins for both Mario 3 and Mario World. I had to edit a few of them to a smaller size (like Big Bertha, Thwomp, the puff fish from Mario World, and the Koopa Clown Car) and some to actually better fit their roles.

Speaking of fitting roles, I know that certain enemies don't quite fit the roles I've given them, primarily in terms of what can and cannot be killed by a fireball in their own game. But these skins were less about practicality and more about having more enemies represented. I'm slightly open to suggestions, but there are certain enemies that I will most likely leave as is. I'd say the one I'm most open to is the spiny for the Mario 3 skin (who I changed to the candle flame enemy), mostly just because he'd be the most obvious offender of the fireball issue I already mentioned. I put him there because it didn't make sense for the Angry Sun to throw anything else, but I'd be willing to change him if I feel a better possibility is provided. But some stuff I'm willing to just deal with just so that the characters can have some form of representation in Crossover.

Mario 3 Alt Enemies.png

Mario World Alt Enemies.png

7. coolman

I LIKE LITERRALY LIKE IT!!!!

Can you do for me the transparency for my kirby sheet please?

8. silentshadowxp

9. Rey D

Patron

That's cool. About the SMB3, I'd change the 4 last sprites for Bowser because those are the ones before he falls if I'm not wrong. There's no reason the boss becomes flat becaue you touched an axe. :p
    Same for the Clown-thing. I'm not sure how the sprites are exactly used but I'm sure that like this, I'll see the tear moving up and down. :p

Also, are the 3 last sprites of Bowser of the 1st line his Fireball sprites on the template?

Also, the red Piranha Plants on the SMW sheet. It's not bad, but I think something else should be used instead of that fire spitting thing.

I think that otherwise, all these choices are very wise!

10. coolman

A few suggestion for the alternate SMW skin:
    1)There an another flying piranha plant in SMW.
    2)For the bullet bill,I will see the pidgit bill.

11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

The hurt sprites for Bowser don't really appear. The last one does, at the end of the game (or using the Bowser death glitch) but it doesn't play that animation in game.

Rey D likes this.
  12. coolman

No.I think he use is hurt animation when you kill it with the axe.

uglyrodent likes this.
  13. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I just checked. You're right, my bad.

14. silentshadowxp

Hmm. He needs an animation for that though. Maybe just turn him into the circle with a ? like in the game?
    Edit: After testing it out, in Mario 3, he goes flat even if you kill him with fireballs. Still open to opinions.

I meant for it to be like that. It moves down two pixels each time, and once it loops back to the beginning it's like a new tear. If it doesn't look good in game, I'm sure Ryuza and Jay will do something about it.

From what I can tell, yes. I had no other sprites to use for Boom Boom, so I made his wings blow fireballs. Also, since the Koopa Clown Car can rain fire from the sky, and also turns upside down to drop those big metal balls, I figured it turning sideways to shoot fire would work just fine.

There's really nowhere else to use it, but I wanted to use it somewhere. That's the best place for it to fit. Besides there's not much else to use.

See the answer above :p. I considered it, but it's too much like the original piranha plants, and these sheets were all about the variety.

I also considered this as well, but I just had to use the super koopa somewhere! I actually almost forgot about him, but I just had to have him as the bullet bill once I remembered.

Does anyone have any ideas for the Mario 3 spiny? Also, I wanted to get Mario World's Wiggler, but he was just too long to fit anywhere, and there wouldn't really be a good place for him if he could.

Rey D likes this.
  15. Rey D

Patron

Well coolman thinks that the 3rd Bowser sprite starting from the right is a jumping sprite, so I'm wondering...

16. silentshadowxp

That is very possible, I'm not sure. Again though, I'm sure Jay and Ryuza will do something about it if it doesn't look right.

17. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

I really want to start a Castlevania enemy skin set, but I'm just stumped on what to do. The only enemy I know what I'll replace them with for sure are the Hammer Bros. I made them into the knights...wait, the Knights throw their axes is a horizontal direction, unlike the Hammer Bros who throw them in arching manner...but the skeletons throw bones (when are they gonna run out and fall apart?) in an arching manner...DAMMIT! The one enemy I thought I had figured out I've already found something better. Oh well. I still need other people's input on it. I thought about replacing to flying turtles with medusa heads, but then when they're on the ground they can't just float around, so I gave the medusa heads little feet coming out of their necks, and it just looks so bad. It's really one of the funniest things I've ever seen. And, there are these Eagles in CV1 that drop fleamen, or hunchbacks on you from the sky. I was going to replace the Lakitu with them, but the sprite is too big...*sigh* So, yeah, I could really use some help with this.

P.S. I'm not doing a CV map or theme skin yet. It's a bit overwhelming, this is more "inside my comfort zone".

Mitewing likes this.
  18. silentshadowxp

I'd help, but I don't know CV very well. I thought I saw someone do one already though? I might be mistaken about that and thinking of a different game.

What I'd like to do at some point is make a Zombies Ate My Neighbors enemy skin, but just about all of the sprites would have to be custom made. B rated horror movie style enemies in Crossover would be awesome!

19. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

You, uh...you sure that belongs in this game?

20. silentshadowxp

Pshh. That's like a given in games in general. Zombies make every game cooler. Besides, look how awesome these enemies look!

Oh, and in case you didn't realize, B rated movies are not the same thing as R rated movies. Just in case that's what you were referring to XD

Edit: Better place to see the enemies.