Enemy Skins?

Discussion in 'Skins' started by yerffej, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Any updates on the MM sheet? Looks good so far. Are there any new enemies from 9 and 10 that you could use?

3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Good idea, I haven't looked into those enemies yet. I've been busy with other things lately, but I'll take a look into those when I have the chance.

4. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

5. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

CF PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS...
    DARK BOWSER'S ARMY!
    [​IMG]
    Y'know, that final boss from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story? I'm quite fond of myself on this one; this is not only the best, but also the funnest recolor I've done in a long time. Every color you see here was ripped right from either Dark Bowser, his Dark Minions, or the flames in the torches you see pre-fighting him.

But this is NOT just my BIS fanboyism...it is a challenge to Jay! I'm willing to bet that not all of these colors are in the NES palette...not only that, a couple may have more colors than were there before (Not 100 percent on this) . If Jay can overcome both of these, I'd REALLY like to see this in-game.

We should really change the background color, because it's the EXACT SAME COLOR THE BUZZY BEETLES ARE. I took from another image to make sure I got those right, but I have NO IDEA if Spike Top's outline is correct.

Also, I left the color palettes alone for now, and DARN IT, THERE'S AN INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN THE PODOBOS AND THE FLAME BREATH. The flame breath is the correct color. Sorry about that.

((Hmm...I'm considering doing another one. It's either going to be 8-Bit Sonic enemies or a "CF Pack," where I recolor the enemies to whatever the fuck I want. Any thoughts on either of those ideas?))

狂人さん likes this.
  6. Mitewing

Great color scheme and Sonic enemies would be awesome as well. Another alternate version of Bowser is Dry Bowser. I recommend creating him. You could also make "dry" versions of most of the other characters as well.

7. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Ok Mitewing said that he wanted a Dry Bowser and also many others,well I made it and Giga Bowser,so here they are!!!
    [​IMG]

8. Mitewing

Cool! They look awesome!

9. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Dude! Shut up!

Why isn't there an entry in the wiki for these?

10. powergo

powergo Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I wonder someone could do a Kirby sheat...
    gomba/waddle dee
    spiketop/gordo
    spiny/togezo (spike hat enemy)
    kopa/ kabu
    buzzy beatle/rocky
    cheep cheep/ bliper
    blooper/ sir slippy
    bullet bill/ twizzy
    piranah plant/ glunk
    latu/U.F.O.
    hammer bro's/ poppy bro's jr.
    hammer/ bomb
    bowser's fireball/ iceblock
    poobadoo/flamer
    Bowser / Mr. Frosty

11. Mitewing

I think it'd be funny if the enemies looked liked the heroes from SMBC!

EDIT:
    Goomba=Luigi
    Green Koopa=Link
    Red Koopa=Jason
    Koopa Troopa=Sophia III
    Buzzy Beetle=Samus (Morph Ball sprites)
    Lakitu=Mega Man
    Spiny=Rush
    Bullet Bill=Bill (Jumping sprites)
    Pirahna Plant=Ryu
    Hammer Brother=Simon
    Bowser=Super Mario

12. hahahah work is murdering me. I didn't even know Jay already put a sheet to work with. i like what i see so far. maybe i'll make one too :D

I can't wait till Monday my day off. i feel so out of touch with this place man.

13. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I'm not too good of a pixel artist, but I'd like to make a sheet. I'm going to wait and see what the scope of accepted sheets is first, though, in 1.5.

14. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

CF PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS...
    THE DEMON HORDE!
    [​IMG]
    These enemies are all seen in Kid Icarus. Now equipped with a transparent background.

• The Goomba has been replaced with a similarly looking enemy. Not much to say about him.
    • Spike Tops have been replaced with charging Deaths, which are the only enemies I believe to be invincible. They're a bit short to fit inside the small box, but I think he's still recognizable.
    • The Spinies are now blue spheres that I believe the "Lakitu" drops, and ghostly dogs that I believe emerge from them. I dunno, though.
    • The fireballs have been replaced with fire color, but I THINK I KNOW WHY THE EXTRA FRAMES ARE THERE. If I'm correct, if this makes it in, the fireball will alternate between these sprites during its rise and fall. Could be wrong, but a feasible guess in my opinion.
    • Fire breath has also been simply recolored.
    • The Koopas are now demons and demons with wings. Their downed sprite looks odd, but whatever. It's still a bit of a work in progress.
    • More Fire Balls--see above.
    • Bullet Bills have been replaced with these odd spiked balls. Again, I think I know why there are multiple frames, blah blah blah.
    • Piranha Plants are replaced with stretched versions of a plant-like enemy that appears to pop out of the floor.
    • The Lakitu is what I believe to be a boss. Its sprites were right by those of the ghostly dogs and bluish spheres, so that's what it drops.
    • Bloopers are now squid-like enemies that jump up and clamp to the floor.
    • Cheep Cheeps are replaced with Centaurions. Their only attack is running into you (See Brawl) , so I thought it fit.
    • Hammer Bro is now Eggplant Wizard--for what would a KI skin be without Eggplant Wizard? He'll be attacking when he raises his staff into the air.
    • Buzzy Beetle is another peculiar creature--who desperately needs a replacement replacement. I should leave this skin to someone who's actually won the game.
    • The Hammer is now an Eggplant. I think you know why.
    • Bowser is now this Hellhound-like boss. He has no walking animation, but at least you can tell when he'll fire.
    Yeah, I know there's no Pit right now, but one can hope. Palettes have been left alone, this needs improvements, blah blah blah. So what do ya think?

狂人さん likes this.
  15. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

CANNON BALL! (Literally)

16. Mitewing

Awesome sprites CHAOS.

Scorpion: LOL. I thought the same thing.

17. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

18. Metalhog

Metalhog Level 6: Lakitu

This remembers me when you finish the Star Road on SMW. Its a genial idea. One more time, the characters may be more individualized putting enemies form their own games of each character! :D

19. Jcogginsa

Jcogginsa Level 3: Paratroopa

for the megaman skins, bowser could be replaced with fireman

20. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Awesome, but you forgot Cheep Cheeps and Bloopers.