Request Everybody should keep their stuff on very easy. Even the Mario Bros.

Discussion in 'Features' started by Scorpion42, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Currently on very easy mode, whenever a character other than Mario or Luigi is hit, they get to keep the abilities they've gathered. Mario and Luigi, however lose everything.

Now I know that it's just a matter of accumulating two power-ups. They haven't got nearly as long to go as the rest of the characters.

But wouldn't running around as Small Mario, throwing fireballs and all that stuff be awesome?

[​IMG]:luigi:
    Yes. Yes it would.

ThomasMink and Rey D like this.
  2. Chaos

Chaos Level 5: Spiny

i don't like this idea

but i don't dislike it

even if it was added my gameplay would not change because i don't play mario or luigi anyway

3. Scorpion42

You mean that you don't care?

4. Chaos

no i do care

but i just don't know what side i'm on

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I don't know if this would be harder to do with the new power-up system, but . . . could we make it work like in the earlier versions, where Mario kept his Mushroom when he took damage on Very Easy (and also Easy, I think)?

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ ...He did?

Chaos likes this.
  7. Scorpion42

Yeah, he did. And all the other characters, too.

That would give Mario and Luigi two hits before dying, one more than any other character. I'd prefer if the system applied equally to all characters.

8. Chaos

now that i've thought about it why does it matter anyway

i mean

it's not like you're completely defenseless without a mushroom

i mean, it's Very Easy mode, it'll be piss easy to get them back

literally no effort will be spent

Scorpion42 likes this.
  9. TheomanZero

Well, it's based on the hit system from American SMB3, so there's precedent. And the Mario Bros. are unique in other ways anyway.

10. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

This wouldn't work.
    It just wouldn't.
    This game isn't Adding to the characters.
    It's ADDING THEM TO THE GAME.
    It's supposed to give a retro feel to the player.
    Name ONE game when it was like this. ONE MARIO GAME.

TheomanZero likes this.
  11. Scorpion42

Well, you beat me. I can't name a Mario game where you can be Fire Mario without Super Mario.

But I also can't name a Mario game with difficulty levels. At least, not like the ones in Super Mario Bros. Crossover. As far as I know, the SMBC difficulty system is completely original.

When you want to play retro, you play Normal difficulty. Very easy is for players with little to no platforming experience, or just goofing around.

I just want the system to apply equally to all characters. Being an all-new feature in Super Mario Bros., we can take some liberties with Very Easy mode without ruining the retro feel, because it isn't there as much to begin with.

1. Turning on SMB3 skins doesn't make it SMB3, atleast not for me. So far it's followed the SMB1 route, I think we should stay there.
    2. In what other ways are they unique that other characters aren't?

12. TheomanZero

Well, they're the only characters who can stomp, dash, and break blocks by jumping into them. They're the only characters with projectiles that don't break blocks or activate ? blocks. They have the most powerful attacks in the game, but they can't damage Bowser at all without a power-up.

Exactly. So when it's on Very Easy, we don't have to "follow the SMB1 route", as you said.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  13. Scorpion42

Oh. Right.

Well, just because they're unique in those ways doesn't mean they need to be it in any more. ._o