Request Excitebike racer disscusion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Mariofan5000, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Uhh... Yeah. I don't really know what I should say because I really want to discuss this because of the skins I have planned.
    but....PNG
    For the gameplay, you would hold [​IMG] to move in that direction, press [​IMG] to jump and swim, jumping done by using the excite spring from Mario & Luigi: Super Saga, press [​IMG] to go faster at the expense of increasing temperature, as well as having overheating, press (S) to do a wheelie, which would allow you to stomp enemies without jumping.
    Intro: Either have him riding normally and getting off bike when selected, or be off his bike and get on and do a quick trick when selected.
    Skins:
    Excitebike.PNG
    Also this:

I can feel this has low to no chance to get in, but it's worth a try.
    EDIT: I also found out on Wikipedia that Excitebike also has a NEC PC-8801 and Sharp X1 version as well as the original NES, arcade and FDS VS. versions, the BSX release and the GBA port, etc.
    EDIT 2: Updated skins thing to include the Heat Meter (M.A.B.K.A. "heat-o-meter") and random effects. If you're wondering why the NES heat meter is multicolored, I tried to include all possible colors from the original NES and "VS. Excitebike" FDS versions. Also, do you think these portraits are better?
    untitled.PNG

A.D.A.M., AGameReviewer and Mitewing like this.
  2. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

this idea isn't in the crapper, but it isn't in the heavens, either. I dunno...

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Isn't Excitebike all about slopes? There are no slopes in Super Mario Bros.. I don't think this would work very well.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  4. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

remember back in sonic boll how stair-like structures in super mario bros. acted like slopes? This is how it can be with exitebike racer.

Mitewing likes this.
  5. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

I guess it could work.
    EDIT: I mentioned a PC-8801 version, here is a screenshot I found.
    [​IMG]
    EDIT 2:Found this too.
    "Motocross Champion
    [​IMG]
    One of the odder games this episode. A motocross racing game, from Konami, which takes a bit of inspiration from Excitebike. The janky controls prevent this from being top-tier Konami, but it was later spun off into the Motocross Maniacs series."
    If someone could find a ROM, a new skin is possible.

Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  6. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Excitebike could work. Just have gameplay inspired by this:

http://www.mariowiki.com/Wario_Bike_(souvenir)

It's essentially a cross between Excitebike and SMB to begin with.

As far as skins, there is this game and a Super Famicom update with Mario characters. EDIT: which were in an earlier post. Lol

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015