Request Final Fantasy Charachters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by jc3833, May 21, 2011.

1. jc3833

jc3833 Level 2: Koopa

I was thinking of maybe having some characters from the FF series such as Quistis who could use her whip for her attack and maybe a guardian force for her special

2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Yeah how bout no.

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Please don't be rude. I'm guessing most people will not agree with this idea because Quistis is not from the 8bit era and it would be really hard to fit her into this game, especially because she's not sprited and she's from a game with no platforming elements.

I've thought about final fantasy characters before, but the ones from the NES. I think Black Mage or Fighter would be the best since they are very iconic for the series in this time period.

But anyway you get props for liking Quistis :p

4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Just call the Black Mage "Vivi" and that will be more than enough for me. :D

Psychotix and Eric Thorstad like this.
  5. Crownjo

I don't know why people want FF characters. They don't have any moving gameplay.

Eric Thorstad likes this.
  6. NanTheDark

NanTheDark Level 2: Koopa

Link couldn't jump in his original game, but here he jumps. :p
    Maybe it's not the best idea for a character, but we can use skins!

Eric Thorstad likes this.
  7. Crownjo

Link has enough sprites to have gameplay similar to Zelda II Link.

8. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I wasn't in favor of Link being able to jump either, but in Link's Awakening, 8-bit Link does jump. (Though nowhere near as high as in this game)

Final Fantasy characters would be all about clever movesets. For example, timed attacks. With S you open up a menu, then you move the cursor to the command you want to execute. Examples:

Attack: Character will take a few steps forward, and attack with weapon, then take a few steps back.
    Magic: Takes a few steps forward, casts the magic (if any), and steps back.
    Defend: Braces himself for impact. If calculated correctly, it will "parry" an incoming blow completely.
    Run: Basically allows you to move again.

Gameplay: You have to calculate when the enemies will be in target of your magic/physical attacks before you execute each command.
    You can have other support magic to clear obstacles, such as Dragoon's JUMP, or FLOAT to run over pits.

It'd be a very weird addition, but with the right moveset choice, it could be pulled off.

9. Crownjo

That doesn't sound very fun to be honest.

10. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Much as I love some of the FF games, having the characters from the NES games never even crossed my mind.

11. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I don't mean to be rude to Crownjo but...

As far as jc3833 I don't think anyone pays attention to this like I sometimes do. I think he left first day he joined I checked his only two post the first was disagreeable being it was suggesting putting SMBC on other websites. Of course Jay would politely had explained why he wouldn't put the game on Kongregate. But this suggestion unfortunately while somewhat impossible do to Quistis being from a 3d game and having no sprite based animations. Was responded first to by an overall negative first response. Of course by Crownjo who as far as this case goes is commonly brutal in terms of saying a character should not be in the game.

I mean there are a few others who either as often or not as often do this but I don't think jc3833 is coming back. Also his avatar was a kid behind a tree. Could have been him or possibly the kid in the picture's parent. If it was the kid in the picture he may have easily had his feeling hurt bad. But I think while we can't always agree with a request. We could overall in the case of the ones bad about rudeness. Be nicer to new guests the game will have a higher fanbase as well as a more active forum if we are.

As far as Final Fantasy characters I'd like to see them. Depending on if 16 bit elements are ever added as well skins or characters. I'd look forward to seeing the entire playable cast of Final Fantasy 6 added even. Though unless just for spells or whatever the window system would make it twice as hard to attack.

12. Crownjo

While you make good long posts and a strong opinion I like to put characters that has existing side scrolling moves. However somethings will have a expection. Such as Zelda 1 Link with gameplay simmilar to Zelda 2 Link. Or putting Rash in which the community worked hard on. I am not someone who makes stupid requests like asking for Naruto or somthing like that. I like to be realistic and help shape up the game to be better. That's my goal in the SMBC community.

Final Fantasy characters has no gameplay that could be added to SMBC. Only thing it was is menu based.

It's like being in a game company. disagreements will happen. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows.

13. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

A menu-system based character in real-time would be incredible to me, because it would remind me of the time when I knew the Final Fantasy games like the back of my hand (and had an "uber-micro" for bringing out spells)

I know it's too much of a hit or miss, but I think the programming could be quite simple, in comparison to other characters at least. And it certainly would be a very unique addition.

14. Crownjo

Yeah but in a side scroller like SMBC? It would be boring and tedious to do a playthough like that.

15. mitsymckenzie777

No it isn't like a game company if it was there would be money paid and money spent. If this was so then we would have to pay Nintendo,Capcom,Konami and others if they even agree to Jay using they're characters. Also how can there be a fair fan base for any character that the members who choose to stay while being ridiculed by the few members here who do so don't agree on. If anyone chases off for example 1,000 fans of one character there won't be a fan base in this forum for that character. Plus there is a difference between disagreeing and being just plain rude and mean.

16. Crownjo

When I first used the webs I was a kid I use to make suggestions and people downed me alot and I took it as contrustive critisim and improved myself. Now these days people are way too sensitive. Also Jc3833 didn't seem very active anyway.

17. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

Final Fantasy characters in a side scrolling would very interesting indeed. i personally would to see how the original black mage would play in the Mushroom Kingdom, maybe add some RPG elements.

18. Crownjo

19. mitsymckenzie777

I'm not sure when you first used the webs but...

When they first existed nerds where still unpopular somewhat and dominated over in real life. The internet came by they're creation and they overall dominated in over all so in a way at the time they kind of had a right to be mad and treat what they saw as cool or popular people invading they're territory. Now the internet is overall peaceful at least when I first started using it. First forums I joined had rules against flaming people and trolling even in the least bit. I've even been put in my place at first when I was just like you at times.

He joined 5/21/2011. He made two post 5/21/2011. He left 5/21/2011 Most likely after reading your negative post. Everything but why he left can be looked at by going to his profile on here. If you are logged in you can look up his join date. The two post he made. What time he made each one even look up what the two posts where about. Finally his last forum activity also the exact date and time. Oh BTW the video you posted shows Final Fantasy not the black mage in SMBC. I don't know about basic attacks being menu oriented but it could work for spells.

20. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Mitsy, since we are talking about fantasy video game characters, I was wondering who are the characters in you Girl Power banner and from what games? Some look like candidates for character skins.