Implemented Fine tuned difficulty

Discussion in 'Features' started by Chamomile, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Chamomile

Chamomile Level 1: Goomba

Instead of making five static difficulties, I think the game would benefit a lot from having a bunch of difficulty sliders. Sliders like time, enemy durability, player durability, starting lives, mook type (i.e. goomba, buzzy beetle, or spike top), and whether or not you keep missiles on death. Mostly I ask for this because I want to be able to play Survival mode on normal difficulty, but starting with all ten characters revived. Extra lives don't come in very quick the way I play the game, and I like the concept of a slowly dwindling band of heroes as opposed to one whose membership constantly fluctuates as characters are lost and revived.

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Use the Level Select cheat.

3. Chamomile

Chamomile Level 1: Goomba

I was hoping someone else might elaborate eventually, but oh, well, I guess I'll just have to ask.

How does the Level Select cheat solve anything related to the number of lives you begin with on any given difficulty? Also, suggesting the use of a cheat unlocked by beating the game on extreme difficulty has got to be the kludgiest solution to any problem with this game, except maybe hacking the site, stealing the source code, and modifying it yourself.

4. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Then edit your save file.