Forum bugs

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Faruga, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Spokavriel

Spokavriel Level 5: Spiny

I'm not sure why but when this site is open NRAnews repeatedly crashes. I can have NRAnews open and then open this site and end up with a system wide Flash Crash even in flash aps on other web browsers.

2. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not, but the posting dates are wrong I've noticed..
    I posted something today that it says I posted yesterday, even though it's evening and was only a few hours ago.

I'm pretty sure the more recent posts are pretty accurate with how long ago they were made, but some of them seem to be really off for no apparent reason.

3. Spokavriel

It seems like the days may be getting marked based on GMT. It does the same thing in my E-Mail.

4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Level 6: Lakitu

The forum does not load properly in Firefox. It seems to work fine with Chrome.

There are currently two replies (plus the original post) in this thread, only the first post shows up... and even then, not the entire post does.

In Firefox: http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h389/Nemephosis/forumfirefox.jpg

You'll see everything after the video is cut off.

In Chrome: http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h389/Nemephosis/forumchrome.jpg

Everything shows up right.

Firefox cuts replies of threads even without videos. They may or may not show up, it's a total crapshoot.

What is the deal here? As you might tell, it's fucking annoying as shit.

5. Spokavriel

Maybe the Firefox Team should ask the Seamonkey team what they are doing wrong. Since Seamonkey shows the thread properly.

6. Nemephosis

It is ONLY this forum I have had this happen on. What forum software does this place run? It doesn't look like any I have seen before.

7. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

XenForo.

8. Nemephosis

Hmm. Only forum that has ever done this, only forum I know that runs XenForo... I'm thinking that has to be related. Don't think that's a firefox thing... :p

Oh well, solution then is to use Chrome to view the board. No big deal.

9. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

This site was optimised for Firefox when it was vBulletin, but I must admit I dunno with Xenforo.
    BUT it might be Firefox MAC which is wrong, because I don't have such problem.

About "when that post has been posted". Have you set up your time zone alright?

10. Alias X Beoulve

I want a mac with windows.
    :awesome:

11. Spokavriel

So long as its older windows. Everything newer than XP comes with license agreements that say in effect the hardware you install it on is the property of Microsoft if they decide you are abusing their product.

Google uses the same kind of language in their agreements.

12. Alias X Beoulve

Hey, if it was XP I could still use SNEStool.
    Fucking windows 7.

I thought I set the time zone, but now I can't be certain; I'll have to go and set it and post for awhile to see if any of the messages have the same problem where it says I posted them YESTERDAY and it was today.

It's like how Youtube is being, honestly; retarded and just wrong. No, I did not like that page an hour ago; it was actually 5 minutes? It makes little sense.

13. Spokavriel

I think they meant you might have the time zone set wrong in your computer's system settings.

14. Rey D

Patron

Nope, I was meaning the time zone in his settings. For exemple, if you're in London, you must set something like 'London, England GMT+1:00"

15. Alias X Beoulve

Yeah there's no way my computer time settings would be off;
    I'd be late for everything. Even if the clock was set too early :awesome:

16. Rey D

Patron

I meant... account settings. When you're on the forum, make sure your local time is synchro with the time zone you set on the forum, in your settings.

17. Alias X Beoulve

How do you private message someone that's not in your following list, without 'starting a conversation' ?

18. fractor

fractor Level 5: Spiny

Converstaions are the new private messages.

19. Alias X Beoulve

^No
    Private messages are more or less like a facebook-style chat between two people; conversations are like personal messages sent to your inbox.

20. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

He meant that PM got substituted by conversations. PM doesn't exist anymore, and in it's place, there is conversations.

Rey D likes this.