Official Forum Updates

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by aliceandsven, Nov 17, 2013.

1. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

This is a public thread for everyone to discuss the changes.

Let's try to make a compendium here of all the changes and any problems that have arisen!

Mods: please try to use this thread, unless it is about mod changes.

First question, does anyone see "Edit silently" or "Clear last edit info" when they edit their posts? Do you see a "history" link under your posts that you've edited?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    Mariofan5000, Omicron and Nat like this.
  2. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

There is no option to choose more colors, I'd have to write the code manually for that.

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I'm a regular member, and I don't see neither "Edit silently", nor "Clear last edit info", nor "history".

4. aliceandsven

"There is no option to choose more colors, I'd have to write the code manually for that."

Yup... seems we lost the pallete menu.

5. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

Now you know how it's for me!!! :D I lost the "pallete menu" (and many other features) since their last few updates, due to the "google-integration", or whatever it was they added. I could "correct" that by enabling google-scripts... but no thanks. I choose "inconvenience" over "spying".

6. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

I had saved a draft with my standard color. Using it deleted it, though, so it doesn't work for that.

Faruga likes this.
  7. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Noob question: is "New Posts" a renamed version of "What's New?"? Or, do they differ in some way?

Faruga likes this.
  8. Omicron

I'm currently actively researching a way to easily save a post stub (mostly for text color) under Windows with batch files and shortcut shortcut keys.

Faruga likes this.
  9. aliceandsven

There's a huge spectrum of colors available, just pick new ones

It would be nice to have the pallet option though

EDIT: A spoiler button was added

Faruga, Omicron and Rey D like this.
  10. Omicron

Hahhahahaha, check this shit out, It's extremely cumbersome but this is as simple as I could make it, and it can be useful for other things like font formatting and etc.
    1. Download this thing I've created during the past hour
    2. Extract it anywhere, and make a shortcut to the windows script file on your desktop (I don't know why but it must be there)
    3. Open the shortcut's properties and set a shortcut key you'll remember and that doesn't activate anything on your browser (I'm using F9)
    4. Open c.bat and change the color tag with your personal color, and the browser process to the name of your own. If you change the size of the text, make sure you also change the key sequence below to make sure your cursor stops where it's supposed to.
    5. Now, point at a post box (very important, because bats steal focus, so I use mouse clicks to steal back) and push the shortcut key. A color tag will appear, ready to be written in.
    :p It's horrible
    This is how it looks like
    how.gif
    e> And even though it uses the clipboard, it saves and reloads it after use so you don't lose anything in the process. AFAIK, it should preserve any form of content, even images.

e> Heeeey, member card gray-on-gray problem was fixed! Very nice. Also, they seem to stretch according to text height, so that's good too.

e> an alternate method that doesn't require as much effort is pinning the script shortcut to the taskbar and using Win+number to launch it.

e> I figured out why it has to be on the desktop. Windows Explorer manages these shortcuts, and it will only make ready shortcuts present on the desktop or on the start menu root. That makes sense. It also means that to get rid of a shortcut, you have to delete it and relog to windows (or restart explorer).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    Faruga, Rey D and World 1-1 like this.
  11. aliceandsven

Okay, let's discuss all of the changes and any major problems. Maybe imgdat has a list of the changes or something?

12. Omicron

The only serious problem I've found so far is about editing colored text on lines with non-coloed text, as shown...

[​IMG]

...here. I've reproduced this elsewhere with quotes.

13. imgdat

imgdat Level 5: Spiny
    Patron

Sure I'll go over a few.
    • Yes, I did add a spoiler button.
    • With the new rich text editor you can now drag and drop images onto it if your browser supports it.
    • There's now a responsive design in the layout. Anyone can test it by re-sizing their browser width to something smaller than the red borders. The layout will adjust accordingly. The header border breaks slightly in FF and IE (I'm still working on this), but Chrome and other WebKit browsers seem fine with it. So people on iPhones and iPads should have a more comfortable experience on the site. The design also works for other mobile devices and tablets. I'm also aware that the banner logo doesn't scale vertically in the responsive design and that ads can break out of their container if a page is loaded wide and then narrowed. I'm working on that as well.
    • And as far as the color text issues with the new editor there's not much I can do. BB codes are the best alternative. Right now to get it back similar to the old editor would require time I don't have and editing source code files I don't want to edit since those changes would be overwritten with any upgrade to the forum software down the line.
    • Here and here list the new features in the upgrade.

Omicron, aliceandsven and Rey D like this.
  14. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

You could already do that.

15. Omicron

@Mario-Fan No, you couldn't, the new feature is about pasting image data to the editor. This will now automatically attach any pasted images.

Example. I took a printscreen and then pasted it here:

upload_2013-11-19_15-2-52.png
    Also tagging. Hehehehe.

NOW @aliceandsven CAN QUOTE PEOPLE WITHOUT QUOTING PEOPLE :awesome:

Rey D, imgdat and Faruga like this.
  16. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

[​IMG]
    . . .
    #aretherehashtagstoo

17. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

What happened to the logout button that I never used anyway?

Also

>tagging
    HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH
    @Meg
    just testing the tags

Also hey they improved the smilie list.

Faruga likes this.
  18. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

It obviously had to stay up there somewhere, so there's only one place left to check: your profile.
    There are two ways to display your profile options, and both have 'Log out'.

Faruga likes this.
  19. Nitron_ZX

Nitron_ZX Level 5: Spiny

I guess appropriate thread for this?

anyways. forum server migration, what's up? o.o

20. Dilemn X

Dilemn X Level 1: Goomba

Yeah, what is this all about?