Implemented Fullscreen

Discussion in 'Features' started by Ravicai, Mar 18, 2012.

?

Do you want fullscreen?

1. Heck yeah!!!

77.8%
  2. No, I enjoy squinting! How dare you try to save me from damaging my eyes.

22.2%
  1. Ravicai

Ravicai Level 2: Koopa

I love this game, but please consider allowing full screen mode. I would love to play this fullscreen on my TV. When you are sitting far back it's hard to see the game.

If you are trying to keep ad revenue going to the site, maybe consider adding a full screen page with an ad or two on the side. Anything that would allow fullscreen would be great. Playing this in a small window isn't much fun.

2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I don't know if this is possible in Flash.

uglyrodent likes this.
  3. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Chrome can zoom, but it's no use.
    Macs zoom natively. Fuz used to close in on the game and play with a joy2key.
    Maybe you can use fullscreen browsing and a resolution toggler? to force 640x480 for instance. I can make such a program.

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Fullscreen is unfeasible in Flash. Sit closer to your screen.

Rey D likes this.
  5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

But the phazon radiation from the screen will put my eye out. Didn't your mother ever teach you about sitting to close to the screen?

Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  6. Ravicai

I remember being able to zoom in on the very first version of SMC. It seems like it was disabled on subsequent builds. Is this a restriction on newer versions of flash? I am able to still zoom in on quite a few newer flash games at armorgames, for example; http://armorgames.com/play/12141/kingdom-rush

Of course, I've never made a game in flash, so I don't know the inner-workings. Please humor me :)

7. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I would love this as well. Unfortunately, according to Jay's website posting from a while back, Flash did not allow keyboard input while in full screen mode. Hopefully that new update Jay spoke of that's coming soon from Flash will allow this. If not, perhaps someone can investigate whether the workaround that is available for Mac (per Jay's website posting) is also possible on a PC?

In the meantime, perhaps Jay's team could entertain the future possibility of simulating a full-screen mode by natively building different screen resolutions into the game (with the rest of the background blacked out?)

Rey D likes this.
  8. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

The very first version was hosted on Newgrounds, which may have had a zoom function built in to the site or something. It's not a native function to Flash, which is why it doesn't work on the site.

9. Ravicai

Ahh, thx for explaining. Mayhaps he could add a similar function in this site. Here's hoping!

10. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Don't get your hopes up. Flash is a bugaboo.

11. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

A Fullscreen mode would be very nice.
    I can play it Fullscreen, but it requires downloading the swf, and setting Media Player Classic's Pan & Scan function correctly, running in fullscreen 640x480
    There isn't a way to scale the screen inside the code using nearest neighbor?

12. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Wouldn't it be even more laggy?

13. Ravicai

I would totally settle for the ability to scale the screen to a larger size. Right now I'm kinda doing what TiagoDu is doing, but instead of using pan/scan (which didn't work for me) I'm dropping my screen res... which of course reeks havoc on my desktop icons, but something is better than nothing.