Request Gemini Man gameplay changes

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

To keep in spirit of the various advantages and disadvantages of the various Robot Masters, I thought I'd suggest this. In MM3, Gemini Man can only fire one laser at a time. I'd like to see this implemented and the damage would be adjusted higher accordingly. In the fighting games, he could fire two at a time. This could be his Mushroom upgrade. Any comments, questions, and more suggestions are encouraged.

Alkerion and ThomasMink like this.
  2. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Not sure he should fire two lasers upon receiving a mushroom, but otherwise this sounds great. Perhaps Gemini Man's laser could emulate some of Bill's laser behaviour to ease coding? Also, if Gemini Man's original laser sound effect could be implemented, even sweeter. :)

Alkerion, Mitewing and ThomasMink like this.
  3. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Ice Man has his firing sound for his charge shot, and I think he's the only RM with such.

I agree though, the Gemini Laser sound would be awesome with this if it were added.

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  4. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Deals 125 Damage, fires 2 at a time or 3 with Mushroom, bounces off solid walls, has Wall Jump, hops 1 block every jump

5. Mitewing

Good ideas. If it's easy to program, I'd much rather also have it be able to bounce off walls and such most importantly. But Bill's laser coding works too. And it definitely needs the sound FX!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    Alkerion and Frozsoul like this.
  6. wario46

wario46 Level 2: Koopa

How about the laser does 200 damage, you can have 1 on the screen at a time, bounces off like in MM3, but with the mushroom you get the clone, that does everything what you do with around 0.25 seconds of delay.

7. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Deals 125 Damage, fires 2 at a time or 3 with Mushroom, bounces off solid walls, has Wall Jump, hops 1 block every jump
    Clone, does everything what you do with around 0.25 seconds of delay and costs 14 seconds to empty the bar, firing cost is half a bar.

8. Mitewing

I actually suggested adding a clone with the Mushroom in the past. This may be possible if Ryu's Clone powerup is ever added.

9. JoMamma

JoMamma Level 6: Lakitu

Why would Gemini need a wall jump...?

ThomasMink, Mitewing and MissingNo2 like this.
  10. Earthboundlover

Earthboundlover Level 2: Koopa

I don't understand how they would do that without adding a whole new character. He is under Bass, after all.

11. Mitewing

Sbq92 stated if he were able to figure out the programming, he would've given Gemini Man a projectile that bounced off walls like the actual Gemini Laser. Hopefully, one day this comes to pass.