General Level Skin Discussion

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Ryuza, Dec 10, 2010.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

As promised, Skull Man 4-3. The skull platforms are the ones that are normally on the ropes, and the "pellet" platforms are the normal ones that go up and down, or drop as the character stands on it.

2. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

3. StickMan

StickMan Level 3: Paratroopa

i did it corectly 2 seconds ago but i had 1 problem....... it wasnt a link it was the whole picture
    i think i have it now

Edit: can someone put this on the wiki[​IMG]

4. sbq92

I like it! The pipes are a bit odd, but there isn't a lot to work with in the Zelda world. It turned out well, though. The colors look a little strange against a blue backdrop rather than the off-white/tan-ish background, but it does look good. Actually, it might be interesting to use the overworld ground color as the background, just to see how it looks. :p

5. StickMan

thanks
    i knew the pipes didnt look good but i suck at making complete custom tiles
    i was thinking about giving the tan background but i thought blue was the best for side-scrolling

6. CHAOS_FANTAZY

7. sbq92

Excellent!

Man, these are all turning out so well! :D

8. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Snake Man 4-2 has been updated to include the upper warp zone and the coin pipe.

Honestly, the upper area.. when combined, in my mind, with the lower main area.. was the reason I wanted to do 4-2 themed after Snake Man. If you're wondering why only large snake sections are floors up there, that is also somewhat of a trait from the level in MM3. The higher up you got, the more you only walked on the larger snake floors.. until you hit the boss area anyway. I am a bit stumped on how to do the level intro and the flagpole area, however.

[quote="CHAOS_FANTAZY]Alright, took me long enough! Here's World 2-1, Quick as a Wink!
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/wiki/File:Quick!_World_2-1.PNG[/quote]
    Quick Man is my favorite Robot Master, so seeing a stage themed after his is certainly awesome. Too bad there's no room in SMB for insta-kill laser beam traps though. :D

9. sbq92

I would go ahead and make the intro and flagpole sections of the level some "upper" Snake Man areas. I really like the upper warp section, and using that for the intro and flagpole would work well, I think.

Did you guys see my Skull Man 4-3?

10. CHAOS_FANTAZY

Yeah, and it looks great--especially with the background change! That was really a nice touch. I'm wondering if someone might mistake the purple fossils as platforms...meh.

11. sbq92

Thanks! I apologize if it looked like I was fishing for a compliment. I was just particularly proud of how this one turned out and was curious about people's opinions. :)

12. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Yea, I saw it. Skull Man has an underrated stage (and music), and I think it looks fantastic as 4-3.

Also, thank you for the feedback regarding the intro and flag. 4-2 is now completed.

13. sbq92

That Snake Man 4-2 is pure gold (or emerald? :p)! The intro and flagpole look great!

Does anyone see a problem with using Zelda II graphics for Link's skins? There are very few options available in the first game.

14. BlueJackle

BlueJackle Level 2: Koopa

I think Zelda II would be nice.

[​IMG]

SURPRISE ATTACK
    [​IMG]

15. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Zelda II would be nice, but it'd be better if someone created custom sprites in the style of the original for SMB.

16. Diamond Dust

Diamond Dust Level 2: Koopa

Great stuff Ryuza! I mean, really impressive.

I seem to have got stuck with the AutoTiler program on my netbook though. It's either to big for the screen and I am missing the top of it where menu's and such not are or I am stupid - one way or another, at the time of this post I can't close it, but meh. It's cool and it's not harming anyone so it can stay like that until I power this thing down.

Anyway, once again, awesome stuff, thank you and merry Christmas! :)

Edit: I am stupid (esc button) but it is still too big for my display!

17. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

im still loving all these alternate stage skins!, i mean it theyre so awesome!!

18. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Thanks :) Glad to see someones using the program, lol. If I update it I'll be sure to add an option to adjust the screen size.

19. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

that block got owned XD

20. StickMan

i fixed mine with some zelda 2 tiles

[​IMG]