Getsu Fuuma skin for Ryu?

Discussion in 'Skins' started by Patheticmw, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Patheticmw

Patheticmw Level 0: Newbie

I would just like to bring up that a Getsu Fuuma skin for Ryu would be perfect. I'm sure anyone who is familiar with Getsu Fuuma will agree. I really don't have the ambition to make the skin, but I hope that if I bring it up, somebody might.

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I disagree. And I am familiar with Getsu Fuma and Getsu Fuma den.
    The controls are quite different from any character in SMBC.

3. Patheticmw

Well it wouldn't be exactly the same, but I definitely think it could work well. The sword and subweapons could easily be converted from Ryu's into Getsu's, and they even have some of the same things like shurikens and the sword spin jump thing. I think what they could do is just make his jump height higher and make it where he can't climb walls, then make the graphics.

Mitewing likes this.
  4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I completely agree with Patheticmw. Ryu needs more skins anyway, Getsu Fuuma and the guy from Kabuki Quantum Fighter are great choices. I played Getsu Fuuma on Castlevania HD and the differences are unimportant in my opinion. Increase his jump height or give him Simon's double jump and remove his wall climbing and there you go!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    Patheticmw likes this.
  5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

You don't seem to realize that altering a skin's controls and physics is not your decision. All gameplay changes are up to Blaine when he implement each skin, he doesn't just take skinners' ideas and put them as gameplay changes by default.

The point of the skinning system, from the start, was an easy way to "add new characters" with similar gameplay.
    It doesn't mean you can't do a Getsu Fuma skin, just that it wouldn't be as easy to implement as some other skins. I recommend getting in touch with sbq92 directly to catch their feedback.

6. Mitewing

Fuuma has similarities to both Ryu and Simon. If a Ryu skin is made, here's a reference for the weapons.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Getsu_Fuuma_Den/Items

Defense Drum-Shuriken
    Devilish Top-Jump Slash
    Shuriken-Upward Fire Ninpo
    Curse Dynamite-Downward Fire Ninpo
    Wave Motion Sword-Sword Extension
    Defense Gem-Invincibility Ninpo
    Guard-Scroll
    Demon Soul-Ammo

Not sure about Windmill Shuriken and others. Some creativity would be needed.

Patheticmw likes this.
  7. Patheticmw

I'm glad you agree with me, Mitewing, and your weapon reference looks like it would totally work fine to me too. Ray D, I'm fully aware that I can't just add something to the game, but this forum section is on character skins and I'm just making what I think is a good suggestion of one.

Mitewing likes this.
  8. Mitewing

I do know there are problems with Ryu's skins being added because of sword alignment issues. I think the best thing to do now is just make the skin and hope for the best. Regarding gameplay differences, I don't think it's a problem with Getsu as he has more in common with Ryu than Alex/Kunio has in common with Simon.

Patheticmw likes this.