Request Give Proto Man some of his abilities from Mega Man Powered Up

Discussion in 'Features' started by A.D.A.M., Jun 21, 2014.

1. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

In Mega Man Powered Up, Proto Man could jump higher than Mega Man. It'd be nice to have a Mega Man Skin that could make jumps without Rush Coil. Make Proto Man's jump higher.
    Also, in Mega Man Powered Up, charged shots could break through shields. So Proto Man's charge shot should be able to penetrate armor.
    As a downgrade to stop him from being over powered, (Like he was in Mega Man Powered Up, but there he was the last character unlocked.) Make him only able to shoot two shots at a time, even with a Mushroom. In Mega Man Powered Up he could only shoot one shot at a time, but all his shots were fully charged. But for SMBC he should have to charge his shots, and only two at a time should be fair.

It's also ok if Break Man gets these upgrades.

Yes, I know SMBC is finished, but I don't care. Perhaps sometime in the future if they release the coding to the public for hacks this could be implemented. But in that case, I'd want all the characters from Mega Man Powered Up playable, in their form from that game.

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I agree with you that small updates, like for changing skins' gameplay could still be implemented from time to time. I think Proto Man should remain as he is now, with a working shield also added in the future like he plays in Mega Man 9. I don't have a problem with his Break Man skins having his Powered Up gameplay though.

3. A.D.A.M.

Here's a video of Proto Man from Mega Man Powered Up.
    As you can see near the end of the video, his shield does work in the game, but only when he's standing still, and once it gets hit, his shield goes flying and he has to collect it back.

You could also make a Blues skin with these updates. I really want a Blues skin...

4. Mitewing

In Mega Man 9, Proto Man can only use his shield when jumping while not shooting. I don't think the Powered Up shield can work that way in SMBC, but his higher jump, can only fire charge shots without charging, and inability for shots to go through walls CAN be done. When you say a Blues skin, I'm assuming a skin without the helmet, right?

EDIT: I found someone who made Blues sprites. I think he should be added with the gameplay differences we've discussed.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/229/e/5/helmetless_protoman_by_n64mario84-d46yvfv.gif

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  5. A.D.A.M.

Yeah, in the comics he's called "Blues" before he becomes "Break Man" and then "Proto Man".
    If we gave whatever Proto Man skin ALL of his powers from Mega Man Powered Up, he'd be over powered, compared to other Mega Man skins. So he needs something to balance him out. Shots not passing through walls would be a good idea. And double knock back would also be a good way to balance him. And reducing the number of shots allowed on screen would also work. Or we could remove his special weapons to help balance him. In Mega Man Powered Up, Proto Man couldn't use weapons. I'll just list all the possible advantages and disadvantages to this skin, and we can decide which ones to keep and which ones to toss.

Possible Abilities:
    • Higher Jump
    • Automatic Fully Charged Shots (?)
    • Shield (?)
    • Armor penetrating fully charged shots.
    Possible Disadvantages:
    • One shot on screen at a time. (If the fully charged shots thing makes it in)
    • No special weapons or Rush Coil (?) (If the fully charged shots make it in)
    • Two shots on screen at a time. (If he has to charge his shots.)
    • Shots can't pass through walls.
    • Double Knock back

6. Mitewing

I think the armor piercing charged shot would make him too overpowered. Currently, there's probably not a way to take away Special Weapons. The Coil can be removed since he begins with it and it is unnecessary with the higher jump. If the shield ever works, it'd still probably work like it does in MM 9-10. Everything else sounds good to me.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  7. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

To be honest he is fine the way he is.

8. Mitewing

I agree he's fine the way he is. That's why we mentioned having Blues skins added so we can have them play as the Powered Up version, while Proto Man and Break Man will still play like they currently do. This is just like the Rock skins playing similar to MM1-2.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  9. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Wouldn't it make more sense to do it the other way around, then?
    Why would Blues have more abilities than Proto Man?

10. Mitewing

You have a point. Maybe Break Man should have the changes. But at the same time, if one looks at the chronology, MMPU comes first. Then the playable Proto Man we know comes from MM9-10. So there's that too.

11. A.D.A.M.

If they don't want to make a Blues skin, then I'd be ok with Break Man having the changes. There is a theory Proto Man is more powerful in MMPU because of the energy imbalance he has. But MMPU is a seperate continuity from the main series, so it really doesn't matter. (Super Deformed Proto Man skin???)

12. Mitewing

I had a similar theory that his PU abilities were his original abilities before Dr. Wily repaired him in MM3. PU is actually a retcon, and not separate continuity. However, it is an alternate universe when one plays as Proto Man, Roll, or the Robot Masters. So a Blues skin is still the best idea. And I absolutely HATE the SD style of MMPU! I wished Capcom would make a demake version. Mega Man Powered Down, maybe?

13. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

what do you mean

14. Mitewing

Super Deformed.

Faruga likes this.
  15. Faruga

Patron

I thought it generally meant Small Definition or Secure Digital :p

Mitewing likes this.
  16. Mitewing

I'm guessing you're not familiar with the SD Gundam series, then.

17. Faruga

Patron

No, I'm not. This is getting off topic though.

Mitewing likes this.
  18. Mitewing

Anyway, I think someone started a Blues skin somewhere though.

Faruga likes this.
  19. A.D.A.M.

Ok, I say leave Proto Man the way he is in Mega Man 9 and 10, but give Break Man and/or Blues (If he's added) some new abilities. Give the skin a higher jump instead of Rush Coil, like Mega Man had in the original Super Mario Crossover. And instead of the fully charged shots always firing, give the skin an auto-charge, so it charges shots automatically when you aren't shooting, like in some Mega Man games. Other than that, they'll play the same as Proto Man.

20. Mitewing

There's the MM3 version of Proto Man which looks slightly different than MM9/MM10. He could be used somehow. Also, I was thinking Break Man could play like MM3 Proto/Mega Man: No charge shot, 3 bullets at a time, and sliding.