Request Give Quint skin Mega Man V (GB) weapons and appropriate gameplay changes

Discussion in 'Features' started by Mitewing, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Now that Quint is officially in the game, I figured it was a good time to make this request. Since Quint is a Gameboy exclusive character, I feel like he should have Gameboy exclusive weapons and gameplay. Mega Man V has the Stardroids as Robot Masters and they have unique weapons which coincidentally matches up 80% with Mega Man weapons in SMBC. Also, Quint appears in this game as a boss, along with the Mega Man Killers. So here we go...

Charged shot=Mega Arm. While I think the Mega Arm comes back to Mega Man in the game, I figured it would just be a simple skin swap making it resemble the Hard Knuckle.

Super Arm=Deep Digger. Carbon copy of Super Arm. Nuff said.

Metal Blade=Grab Buster. Here's where the potential of gameplay changes begin. This weapon actually grabs items for Mega Man. While it's not possible for the weapon to come back to him, maybe if it touches an item, Quint will automatically collect it. If not, then the Grab Buster resembles a bladed weapon anyway.

Hard Knuckle=Photon Missile. Appropriate weapon replacement since a missile should be armor piercing.

Pharaoh Shot=Black Hole. Both weapons can be charged so that they appear above Mega Man's/Quint's head.

Charge Kick=Break Dash. The greatest potential for gameplay changes is right here. You read the name right! This is a Dash, similar to Bass. Currently there's not a MM skin that can dash. So this weapon is my strongest argument for the changes I'm suggesting. Quint would have a normal dash as well as this weapon, just like Bass!

Flame Blast=Electric Shock. Both are short range weapons. While originally the shock comes out of MM's hand, it isn't hard to imagine this weapon could work like the Flame Blast with the shocks coming from the ground.

Magma Bazooka=Salt Water. The two weapons don't have much in common except the projectiles come in multiple sizes. So there!

Water Shield=Bubble Bomb. The only similarity between these two weapons are that they are bubble based water weapons.

So there's my request. My suggestions will make Quint a fun and unique skin in my opinion. It will also provide unique weapons colors whenever Quint selects them. I hope someone from the ER team posts feedback about my idea.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Rokko Chan much?
    But really, Quint is already using weapon graphics from his home game, Mega Man II. This is fairly unnecessary.

3. Mitewing

Let me rephrase that, there currently isn't a CANONICAL MM skin that uses Dash. I don't think Rokko Chan charges shots, does she? Don't know. Never play as her. The weapon sprites are from various MM GB games, not just MM II, so your argument isn't relevant for that reason. Plus, potentially having two RM weapons to behave differently is good for gameplay variety. Also having all the weapons from the same game (a game Quint appears in, mind you) is great for having little known RMs represented.

4. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Needs the Jackhammer or downstab

5. Mitewing

Sakugarne is represented by the Rush Coil. What you're suggesting isn't possible unless Quint is made into a separate character.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  6. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Stomp cheat on if down is pressed, bounces on spiked

7. MissingNo2

Mitewing likes this.
  8. Mitewing

After reading her gameplay differences, Rokko Chan dashes but doesn't charge her buster. Quint would be unique in that he dashes AND charges his buster.

9. Mitewing

I plan on making a B&F styled Quint skin with the changes I specified above shortly.

10. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

I think Mega Man/Quint should have a proper Sakugarne added. Sarkugarne's gameplay made no sense in MMII because most MM enemies aren't designed to be jumped on, and you only have it for one level. But in Super Mario Crossover, it makes perfect sense, because Mario enemies are MADE to be jumped on.

Perhaps, if its exclusive to Quint, it can replace Super Arm, since that's a useless weapon.

aliceandsven likes this.
  11. MissingNo2

This, again, breaks the convention of skins.

Mitewing likes this.
  12. A.D.A.M.

A.D.A.M. Level 6: Lakitu

Who cares? If its fun to play, then they should do it. Its not like its very likely to happen, anyways.

Need to continue discussion in new topic...