Request Gizmo the Mogway (Gremlins 2)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Zunar, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

I mentioned this a long time ago in another thread somewhere (I think I even put this idea up on the wiki), but I just thought I'd bring this idea up again. Gizmo really isn't a skinnable character due to the weapons he gets and his size (he's closest to Link, but it doesn't make much since for him to downward thrust enemies, ignoring the fact that none of his weapons are swords).

Before you dis the idea because of him not being from a sidescroller, don't forget that Link wasn't from a sidescroller and he works great in-game.

I was thinking that, after he gets a mushroom, each new weapon he gets would be stronger. There's 5 total weapons in the game, and that'd get redundant really fast, so how about this:
    He'd have a paper clip, which he would throw. Then he'd get pencils, which he would fire by bending the paper clip into a bow. And finally, he'd get matches, which he would use his improvised bow to fire.

Perhaps he'd also randomly find a balloon, which he could use to float up if he fell into a pit? Maybe that'd break him, though, so I'm not sure.

He could attack in all eight directions (even in midair), however he can't downward or upward thrust like Link, because none of his weapons have that capability.

Instead of a star, he'd find the pogo stick, which still makes him invincible, he just doesn't flash like the other characters.

Good idea, or bad idea?

Gameplay example:

Music suggestions:
    Selected:
    Entering Pipe:
    Day:
    Underground:
    Time Low:
    Underwater:
    Bowser Defeated:
    Castle:
    Vs. Bowser:
    Stage Clear & Game Over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssNeIDHMJGM
    Credits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd2LHwvHMDk

The underwater theme sounds really fitting for a night level, but there's really no other music to put to the underwater, unless you re-use another music.

2. Vec-Tron

Vec-Tron Level 1: Goomba

If he ate a mushroom on a night stage he would need to turn green a scaly though. In fact, that would almost be mandatory. In my world anyways.

3. Zunar

That doesn't make much sense to me. Then again I didn't watch the movie that the game was based off of (and I don't want to), and it's probably something from the movie.

4. Vec-Tron

Don't let the cute little creature mislead you. Gremlins is a classic that everyone should watch at least once.

Oh, and if they eat after midnight they turn into mosters.

5. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Why didn't his old-ass just TELL him that they turn into horrible little creatures if you fuck up.
    Why did he have to be all secretive and shit about it, thereby only getting several people injured and killed by withholding information?

6. Vec-Tron

That's probably the only joy that sick old fucker ever got. He probably had the cube from hell raiser tucked away somewhere too. Maybe it's fun to watch other people die when your a thousand years old and on deaths doorstep.

7. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I was always confused by the phrase "after midnight". Any time is "after midnight". From midnight until when?

8. Zunar

Bit of a bump, but I put music suggestions in the first post. There's not a lot of music in the game so I didn't have a lot to work with, but I think I did a decent job.