Glichey Music Option

Discussion in 'Features' started by Xman321, Feb 22, 2012.

1. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Now that i really watched the video, doesn't it becaomes a little......unbearable after a while listening to these musics?
    EDIT: Ninja'd by Rey D!

TheomanZero and Rey D like this.
  2. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Glitchy music is fun.

On Megaman 2.

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Yeah it is. When you turn sound off. ...Wait. It's not. It's fun for 10 seconds. Then your head starts screaming. And then, your ears bleed. Then you turn if off and play some Justin Bieber. Such a relief. Incredible.

TheomanZero likes this.
  4. TiagoDu

Some glitches are fun to play with, then they become ascended glitches and the gamers treat it as gameplay feature. Minus World is an example.
    Some glitches are just that: glitches, unintentional errors on games, fatal or not, that may or may not produce visible errors on the game's behaivor.
    I really doubt Jay would put the music and, if it will, it will be very low priority.
    Come on! Even the guy on the video complains about it!

TheomanZero, Rey D and uglyrodent like this.
  5. Xman321

Xman321 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

k

But hey, If I'm asking for music, OF CORSE IT'S FOR EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, hey how long does it take to edit some music to make it sound glichy, you just change the pitch on some places

oh and the music could be good, but glichy, thats possible

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

So there are three ways to go about this:

1. Prewritten tracks. As you said, edit the music to sound glitchy and put it in. However, this means the glitchiness will become predictable, and will no longer be true to the actual idea, i.e. the game fucking up the music as you go. So Option 1 is out.

2. Throw in a code that runs alongside the music and, at random points, fucks up the pitch. This is somewhat more feasible and maintains the true glitchiness. However, as noted, it would sound fucking terrible because it's music where the pitch is changed entirely at random.

3. Don't put it in, and instead focus effort towards features that would be...well, tolerable.

Now, I'm all for just leaving it out, and I could just ignore it if it does get put in, but nothing suggested here directly opposes any stated intentions or goals of SMBC, and game genie elements have found their way in (Water Mode cheat), so in all fairness I say we give him a break and try to be somewhat constructive towards this idea.

TheomanZero and Rey D like this.
  7. Xman321

orrrrr

make good glichy music.

I could do it dang it

8. uglyrodent

It would have to be random to be true to the idea though, so it wouldn't sound good.

Unless it was premade, but there's no real difference between that and the music in the game in terms of mechanics.

9. Xman321

Boom. there we go. PRE MADE. nice one

10. Rey D

Patron

→ Let me ask again.

Why. would you want. sounds. that make a good music. sound awful. that give headaches. and your ears bleed? Tell me.

TheomanZero and uglyrodent like this.
  11. Xman321

WHAT IF IT WAS GOOOOODDDDD

12. TiagoDu

But, tell me, how do you do good glitchy music. Examples?

13. uglyrodent

If it was good, that implies it was premade, which is entirely different from imitating a glitch.

If it's random, it might be good, but it will probably be terrible, but that would be the only way to truly imitate the glitch you are talking about.

However, if it premade, yes, it could sound good. Nobody has debated that. Except seeing as you would just be changing pitches in a song at random, there is a 9/10 chance it would still sound like ass, but that's an entirely separate problem.

TheomanZero likes this.
  14. Xman321

i just said I wanted glicchy music. THAT WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED. i hated the music too. I just wanted some glichy music that was good in the game.

15. uglyrodent

I SEE. There has been a misunderstanding.

You do NOT want glitchy music, you want a very mild remix that changes the pitch in order to enhance it, which is entirely different.

16. Rey D

Patron

TheomanZero likes this.
  17. Xman321

ok. got me threre.

By the way. Glichy music can be at least ok. if not as a option as a easter egg. but in a code and the music plays. the code would be Nes music all. SMB NES map, SMB3 enemy, SMB SNES intervase.

uglyrodent likes this.