Graphical and Level Issues to be Fixed

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by MissingNo2, Aug 1, 2013.

1. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

Super Mario Land 2 Mario & Luigi have like 6 or 7 colors. Seriously, it's like claiming paper mario is 16 bit. IT ISN'T. Even if you're not counting white, being the way gameboy tends to be, it's still over 3 colors.

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

They were recolored. It's not an 'issue'.

Faruga and CowboyJoseph64 like this.
  3. CowboyJoseph64

okay, yeah, this is the wrong place to put it. In my defense, I've been having a lot of trouble going to sleep lately.

I'll repost somewhere else if a mod doesn't move it to the right spot.

4. SomeGuy712x

SomeGuy712x Level 2: Koopa

I spotted a loose coin that doesn't belong in Lost Levels 7-1 on Normal difficulty. It's that coin to the right of my (gray-looking because I took this screenshot while I was flashing from the effect of an invincibility star) Tetrimino in this screenshot:

SMBCO LL 7-1 Extra Loose Coin.PNG

That coin happens to be directly above a hidden 1-up. Would this coin happen to be something that's meant for the easy version of this map, and it was accidentally left in the normal version?

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  5. SomeGuy712x

I found something minor involving a couple of bonus rooms of The Lost Levels.

In the bonus room of 7-1, shown here (starting at about 1:29 in the video), I blast away the ceiling bricks with Lance's AWESOME SPREAD GUN, and they all break, including the ones connected to the pipes. Then, in the same-looking bonus room in 8-2, shown here (starting at about 1:33 in the video), I do the same thing, but the ceiling bricks touching the pipes give me coins this time. Were the ceiling bricks touching the pipes in 7-1's bonus room also supposed to be coin blocks?

6. SomeGuy712x

Found another issue. There's a jump in Lost Levels B-3 that I was unable to make with Bill, shown in this video (go to about 8:37), and there was no other way for Bill to climb up from down there. Either the pair of bricks above the moving platform there need to be lowered by one space for weaker jumpers like Bill, or there needs to be an extra block or platform to allow Bill to make the jump to the right that I was unable to make here. (I was able to complete the level on my next life by not jumping down there at all, but I shouldn't have been forced to die just for jumping down there with Bill in the first place.)

7. CowboyJoseph64

upload_2014-9-20_23-58-16.png

two eyebrows, with the above ones only probably taking a second to get rid of.

great job guys.

8. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I think it's just his hair.

9. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

wow way to sound like a dick

10. SomeGuy712x

Found one more inaccuracy in The Lost Levels. In D-3, there should be a row of 8 hidden coin blocks after the second Hammer Brother, as shown starting about 30 seconds into this video (the player there slowly reveals 7 of the 8 hidden coin blocks). However, when I played Lost Levels D-3 on Crossover, I jumped around there and shot my AWESOME SPREAD GUN all over the place there (starting at about 3:27 in this video) and didn't find a single hidden coin block.

EDIT: I've been informed that in the original Famicom SMB2j, that row of bricks was meant to blend in with the castle wall background, and they were breakable, instead of holding coins. Those breakable bricks are shown in these two videos:
    Video 1. (Go to 47:59)
    Video 2. (Go to 3:01)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    Faruga likes this.