Request How about Getsu Fuma?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by zombieplasticclock, Apr 6, 2011.

1. zombieplasticclock

zombieplasticclock Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

[​IMG]

The protagonist of Getsufuu Maden, a warrior who ventures into Hell to avenge his fallen brothers, and reclaim his family's swords, the Pulse Blade.

How he would play: Similarly to Getsufuu Maden. He can jump, and swing his sword, with the special button being used to use one of his subweapons (Getsu Fuma acquires Shurikens and a War Drum and stuff in his quest. One of them could be used as his weapon). With each mushrooom Getsu Fuuma collects, his sword slash fires off more projectiles, as it does in the game when it's fully upgraded.

His music:
    Overworld levels: The overworld music:

Alternate Overworld music: Third-Person Stage music:

Underground: Getsufuu Maden Stage Music:

Underwater: Fortune Teller Music:

Bowser Theme: Getsufuu Maden Final Boss Music:

Game Over:

Win: Can't find Getsufuu Maden's ending music.

Crownjo and Mr.Giang like this.
  2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I was the only one who voted for him...

3. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Don't feel bad man; I was the only one who voted for the characters I wanted, lol. I seriously want to get some discussion going on mine.

But this person here looks pretty awesome! I never heard of him though.

4. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

OMG! Getsu Fuma! Boy I am glad you bought him up, I completely forgot about him. To be correct he is actually one of the biggest konami classics for the japanese gaming community. It's like a crying shame if you don't know the game and you are japanese. But on the other hand outside japan barely a few people familiar with it. It really lacks of popularity what is a shame, it's a great game with an even greater character.
    Now for as could he work for SMBC? Boy he sure could work very well! I do believe he could even bring some new gameplay experience as well.
    So yeah, I support this a lot.

5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

This is the game where you travel the world map and have to go through platformer sections when you reach certain markers, correct? The guy gets a rolling bomb type attack, and a japanese kanji attack, and a sword that breaks blocks?

I played this for a bit but gave up when I got to the "3d" dungeoneering section. I'm just not a fan of that style of game-play on the NES.

*Could you post some original music too please? The overworld track is a remix*

On second thought now I'd like to find some downloads for a remix album!!

Ok, onto actual discussion: I think "Fortune Teller" would be suitable for the scenes where "Getsu" is going down pipes into a cave level, since it's a short loop.

6. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

OMG STALKER THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!

But yeah, I approve of this.

But here's the link to the full soundtrack : http://www.nes-snes-sprites.com/NES Soundtracks/nes_soundtracks.html#Getsufuu Maden

7. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Looks like he has the power.

8. Crownjo

To be in the game that is...

9. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Getsu Fuma: "Fabulous secrets were revealed to me the day I held aloft my family's sword and said:

FOR THE HONOR OF PAVLINA!!!!"

10. Urutsune

Okay I looked into more deeply about musics in the game. Here is my opinion about some what should be. NOTE: A few is same as what our original poster said.

Overworld theme:

The reason is obvious for this one. This song is like considered as Getsufuu Maden theme song, like example how Vampire Killer for Castlevania.

Underground theme:

I agree on this one.

Night stage theme:

I think this is much more better then what ZombiePlasticClock said.

Water stage theme:

I really can't find better for it. But it actually can be said it fits for a water stage. It is a really slow and gentle tune, for me it's nearly like making me feel sleeping underwatver XD

Castle theme:

I agree on this one as well, I think fits very well. I can just imagine the bowser flame sound effects while it is played XD

Princess is in another castle theme:

I think it is just perfect for it.

Entering into da pipe intro theme:

Low on time! Hurry Up! theme:

It just excellent in my opinion, it makes you feel like you are chased by an army of burning crazy cats from hell and you gotta run or you are toasty.

For game over I dunno. If I know it correctly no little tune plays when you finish an area and for SMBC we need a little tune when he slides down on the flag pole. roughly there is like 14 music in the game. Out of all there is only one short little tune in the game and that is this one:
    I know it is the game's Game Over music but hey I can easily imagine it as a end of stage music. For the SMBC game over screen by my opinion this could put in example:
    Btw those videos are a bitsy not the highest quality, on the actual game they sound a lot more clean and beautiful. But I could not find ANY OTHER actual OST, everywhere there only just remixes and stuffs like that.

So I think that covers up sorta everything on music topic. For Fuuma's powers I do believe he have fairly enough moves and stuff to be a great character. So yeah, he indeed has the POWER.

11. Mitewing

And he became Getsu Fuma! The most powerful man in the univerrrrrrrrse!!! *POW*

12. zombieplasticclock

Holy crap, this thread got huge! Glad to know I'm not the only fan of Getsufuu Maden here.

And Captain Knight, thanks a lot for the soundtrack! I really appreciate it

13. aliceandsven

"Fabulous secrets were revealed to me the day I held aloft my family's sword and said:"

More like HADOUKEN

14. Urutsune

Who the hell wrote that translation? It's horrible! Their hadoukens? That is just so ugh... They lost their Hadouken Swords or more correctly to say their Wave Swords. Some Mr Translator was very clumsy.

15. aliceandsven

doesn't hadouken translate to surge fist/surging fist?

double you tea f is a surge fist sword?

16. Urutsune

On this case it simply stands for wave. You should remember that some words have multiple meaning.

17. zombieplasticclock

For me, it's an excuse to shout "Hadoooouuuken!" whenever I swing my sword XD

18. Mitewing

I read he is a DLC playable character in Castlevania Harmony of Despair.

19. zombieplasticclock

And now, you guys, this:

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/wiki...cter_Requests#Getsu_Fuma_.28Getsufuu_Maden.29

I've put Getsu Fuma on the Character Request wiki, thus formally submitting him for consideration. Thanks a lot for encouraging me to finally put in the wiki article. Here's hoping he makes it in game!

He is. He's a playable character, along with a downloadable stage that consists of the entire Getsufuu Maden game. It's really tough, but Getsu is one of my favourite characters in HoD, next to Soma, and 8-Bit Simon Belmont

20. Crownjo

I think since 2.0 came out. I think this character would be perfect now.

Rey D and Mitewing like this.