Request How about Getsu Fuma?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by zombieplasticclock, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

So what are all of his powers and weapons? The music, sound effects, and gameplay is reminiscent of TMNT.

2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Um I know his sword can get upgraded. Here is some info about him.

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Getsu_Fuma

And... No. The music and gameplay from TMNT is nowhere neer the awesomeness of Getsu Fuma.

3. Nitron_ZX

Nitron_ZX Level 5: Spiny

Getsu Fuumaden~ ahh, after playing as the guy in Castlevania HD (on PS3) then going to see his NES game, I was quite impressed with it really, and I'd love to see him in game as well. either a skin or a full character. preferrably the latter.

the skills Getsu Fuma has in his game are neat, he has attack items and defensive items. these are the attack items.
    1. He's got his wave sword, with the whole swing arc and all that. it can hit above and below him ever so slightly but you've gotta be pretty accurate. it's fairly fast. I believe it can block projectiles, if it can't, it really should. the sword's strength increases the more enemies you kill. I can't remember if you have to kill them WITH the sword or not though, and it is the only one to get progressively stronger IIRC. once you buy a certain item, it can break blocks directly in front of him. they have to be directly in front, can't just nick it with the weapon arc.
    2. He has his shurikens, which fire in a somewhat spread pattern. they fire from one point and then spread just a bit and kind of make a wall and keep going parallel from there. the original game sports three each throw.
    3. He has his War Drum, which when used sends out a kanji, I believe it's the kanji for power? or kah. one of the two. or maybe it's both. i need to learn japanese :p anyways, it goes through walls, it's more powerful than the shurikens, but it doesn't go as far.
    4. He Has his Hexplosives, those rolling bombs. they'll roll along if they're on the ground and will keep going off edges. if it's in midair it travels forward and down at about 45 dergees. it explodes on impact with an enemy, and sends shrapnel in 6 directions. if it doesn't hit an enemy it explodes roughly a second after firing.
    5. he has a spinning top thing, I can't remember what it's name is. during every stage, it's default set to off but you can activate it to change getsu's jump to one that pretty much resembles ryu's spinning attack. it uses the sword's attack power.
    6. IIRC he has a screen-clearing item you can select and use as well, it's one use though you can buy more, and you can only hold one at a time.
    in his original game you can only use one at a time I.E. to use shurikens you have to set it to attack, rather than it being up+attack, and you have to switch back to the sword to use it again.
    and his defensive items, these are pretty much one-use.
    1. he has a vest that when selected, makes him invulnerable for a short amount of time, similar to the star but doesn't affect damage output.
    2. he has a fire barrier similar to ryu's that he can activate. I didn't use this much in all honesty.
    and I'm sure he has more but this is just what I remember off the top of my head.

He also controls very smoothly and loosely, in quite a contrast to castlevania. he has a bit of momentum while moving and will slide just a bit. also he can jump in midair if you press a shortly after falling off of a platform, so it's not too strict about that. (as in say you press the jump button on a critical jump too late, and you've walked off the edge- it'll still let you.) while his sprite can't turn around in midair, he can attack backwards, I think it just reverses the top half of his sprite while attacking.

off the top of my head, this is what I can remember. I know I'd love to see Getsu in this game ^-^

Mitewing and Crownjo like this.
  4. Crownjo

Impressive details. This is why I want him in. He really is a unique character.

5. Nitron_ZX

indeed. plus there's dat pose. if Getsu is included, you've GOTTA include that pose~ XD
    it could do minimal damage in CV:HD, if you hold up...it was pretty hilarious to kill a boss with it :3

6. Crownjo

Ehh I can do without the pose. I just want him in the game because he is too damn awesome.

7. Nitron_ZX

mm. I suppose the pose is really kind of unneccesary. but it would be AWESOME. IMO.
    but he could definitely be a good inclusion. plus with his powerups he could be very unique as well.
    hmm. should his sword destroy blocks on it's own or would it be better to include that as a powerup (since it IS a powerup in his game...) or even a mushroom power?

8. Crownjo

While characters in this game needs to be accurate and faithful however some minor changes is good to keep up with each other in this game.

I think his sword should be able to destroy blocks at the very start.

9. Nitron_ZX

agreed. otherwise I could see him getting stuck easy in some places (e.g. world 1-2) guess he'd have to start with it.
    though I'd like the icon to still be there for it, where the other powerups are. maybe. the powerup in his game looks like a sword anyways.

10. Crownjo

You wouldn't really need the icon for it since he would already have it from the start. However his other powerups can appear since they will serve a purpose in SMBC. I think it's better like that.

I really enjoyed playing as him in Castlevania HD and he would be amazing in SMBC.

11. Nitron_ZX

Castlevania HD was what motivated me to play his original game, actually. the physics are different though, he's so much more slidey in his original incarnation.

but yes he would be sooo good in here.

12. Crownjo

The only thing I want from Castlevania HD is his jumping sprite which he ducks like Simon.

13. Nitron_ZX

yeah, that would be a good thing, I think. his jumping in his NES incarnation isn't exactly...perfect.
    also on the topic of jumping - i think that his spin-jump physics should be taken out completely. in the NES, when you turned it on it not only shortened his jump, but you couldn't jump while moving IIRC. just keeping the normal jump physics but with the spinning attack would be best IMO.

14. Mitewing

I love the sword pose. It reminds me of He-Man!

15. Nitron_ZX

that sword-pose is ultimate.
    it is the Gary Oak of his sprite-sheet~

16. Crownjo

Oh yeah no other fan game has Getsu Fuma.

Mitewing likes this.
  17. Mitewing

I got the Fuma DLC for Castlevania HD, and think he's awesome. He plays like a cross between Simon and Ryu. I was wondering how close is his gameplay to the original game?

Edit: Nevermind. I read about it several posts before this.

18. Crownjo

Does anyone still want him? I know I do. He is very unique.

TheomanZero likes this.
  19. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

He is unique, but his controls are very slippery and weird.
    I'm rather neutral, but I'd support anytime.

20. Crownjo

Give him Simon's SMBC controls with a classic option?

zombieplasticclock likes this.